Chapter 25

"It's been long, Lee Seojun."

Oh, crap.

I looked down and bit my lower lip, wishing that the person we just bumped into wasn't Seojun.

"Oh, Kim Taehyung, it's you," Seojun replied somewhat in a friendly manner, but I could feel an intensed atmosphere between them.

Taehyung clenched my hand even tighter, to the point that I felt blood was unable to flow well. I looked up, only to see Taehyung and Seojun staring at each other, each wearing an expressionless face. "You just ate?" I broke the silence.

"Uh, yeah," Seojun was looking at us like he had so much questions to ask, "How about you guys?"

"We're going to have lunch here, come join us," Taehyung invited Seojun and I just wanted to scream at his face.

"But I just ate--"
"Oh come on," Taehyung used his other arm to wrap around Seojun's shoulder, dragging him into the food stall tent as well.

We sat at a vacant table, and I was already feeling uncomfortable.

"So, uhm, you guys are a couple?" Seojun asked. I looked away, pretending like I didn't hear him.

I heard Taehyung slightly chuckle. "Well, yes," he slid his arm around my shoulder, and at that point of time I could barely breathe and I didn't know how was I supposed to react, so I just sat there, stiff.

Seojun whom was sitting opposite us, leaned in closer and put his hands on the table, "Interesting. You kept in contact still after high school?"

"Why'd you need to know about that?" Taehyung asked in a cold tone. I saw Seojun's expressions tensed up, but he controlled himself.

"I was just curious," Seojun said, pursing his lips, "I thought Hyejin was still single when I met her recently."

My eyes widened, staring at Seojun who just spat out a secret I had been trying to keep away from Taehyung.

"Wait," Taehyung raised an eyebrow, "You met her, recently?"

"Yeah, pretty often. She works at the cafe I always go to. She's really great at making coffee," Seojun talked while smiling, being so naive. Every word he spoke killed me because I knew Taehyung's ready to skin me alive.

"Oh, I see," Taehyung glared at me, removing his arm from my shoulder, "She sure makes great coffee, doesn't she?"

I gulped.

"Of course! You're lucky to have her," Seojun casually talked, wearing his eye smile. Damn I want to smack you hard on the head.

Just then, the ahjumma came to our table with a plate of ddeokbokki.

"Sorry ahjumma, can you pack this up instead?" Taehyung requested, and I was puzzled why. The ahjumma looked irritated, but did as he told her to.

"I think I don't feel hungry anymore. When the ahjumma comes with the ddeokbokki packed in a take-away, you can bring it home," Taehyung said, "And feed your child."

I was pretty shocked when he said that, and I could tell Seojun was too. Taehyung put some cash on the table before standing up from his seat. "See you again, Lee Seojun," Taehyung said to him and just left without waiting for me.

I started to panic and ran after him without even saying goodbye to Seojun.

"Yah, Kim Taehyung," I finally caught after him whilst panting. He didn't even look at me, obviously mad that he found out I had been out working in a cafe.

"You've got alot to explain when we're home," he said, walking faster towards the car.

We both went into the vehicle without saying a word. Taehyung drove all the way home without making a sound. Even when we rode the elevator up to the apartment, he didn't look at me, or say anything.