in which yoko and tessa talk

Tessa's feet found solid ground after magically teleporting from the underground Unknowables' hideout to the apartment where one of her "clients" lived. She supposed that yes, the people who she was recruiting were clients of sorts. The Unkowables were certainly helping them out.

     She made her way into the kitchen of the apartment where she found someone leaning over the table with a bottle of alcohol.

     Tessa pitied them, she really did. This client of hers was in love — madly in love — with John Lennon and they'd built up so much hope recently but Tessa knew that, unfortunately, it was all going to fall apart very soon.

     "Oh, hi," Yoko looked up and set down the bottle that was in her hand. "I didn't hear you come in. Sorry, I must look a state."

     "What's wrong?" Tessa frowned.

     Yoko sighed. "I saw Paul yesterday."

     "Paul McCartney?" Tessa asked anxiously and, to her horror, Yoko nodded.

     "Yeah," Yoko sighed again. "You didn't tell me that he knew about all of this — the F.H.O., and the Shadows, and the Unknowables and all that. We talked for a little while."

     "Sorry, I wasn't allowed to tell you," Tessa sighed. "Not at first, anyway. You weren't supposed to find out yet. Did he tell you anything else?"

     "Uh, yeah," Yoko nodded. "I don't know if you know about this bit but.. He and John are dating. He says they're in love. I — I thought when I came back here I'd be able to be with John again, you know? Marry him again, get a second chance at a life with him. I thought I'd get to have years and year to spend with him because we're going to make sure that he doesn't die. But when I met him again last night — I saw him, too — he was..he was cold toward me. He wouldn't talk to me. When we met, originally, there was a spark there. A beautiful spark that lit a burning, passionate fire. But it wasn't there."

     Tessa sighed heavily. Damn it, Paul! She thought. Why the hell would you go and do that?! You were specially told not to do that just a couple days ago! "Yeah, I know.." She said. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I really am."

      Yoko frowned. "You knew.. Didn't you."

     Tessa sighed again, then nodded slowly. "Yes, I did. We all did, and I'm sorry! But we wanted to take this one step at a time, we didn't want to shock you. I'm...I'm sorry that you had to find out this way."

     Yoko crossed her arms. "How can they be together?"

     "It's meant to be," Tessa smiled.

     "No, it's not," Yoko shook her head. "It can't be."

     "Why not?"

     "Because John and I are meant to be."

     Tessa frowned. "I'm sorry. I can't say it enough, so I'll just keep saying it. Because I am, I am so sorry. But the fact of the matter is, John and Paul are in love and you can't change that."

     "There has to be something I can do!" Yoko exclaimed. She was desperate.

     "Like what?" Tessa crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows. "Tell me what you honestly plan to do. Break them up? Win John over? Make him fall in love with you? Seems like a bitch move, don't you think?"

     Yoko didn't say anything.

     "They're in love. They really are." Tessa said. "You should talk to Paul and you'll see that they're a match made in heaven."