Chapter 37

"Izzy are you ready?" I heard Demi's voice call me from downstairs. I threw on my jacket and grabbed my duffle bag. It was only 10pm but if I was going to make curfew at the treatment center we had to leave now. I skipped down the stairs where I was greeted by Dianna, Eddie, Dallas, Maddie, and Michael.

"I'm going to miss you!" Maddie quickly engulfed me in a warm hug.

"Don't worry i'll be back in a few weeks" I smiled as I petted her hair in attempts to comfort her.

"We're so incredibly proud of you and your progress sweetheart" Dianna added quickly embracing me as soon as I let go of Maddie.

"Keep making us proud Izzy" Eddie chimed in.

"Thank you and I promise" I smiled as I let go of Dianna only for Dallas arms to quickly pull me in.

Dallas didn't need to say anything her smile and tears said everything she was feeling, in the time I had been apart of this family Dallas was the first one I got to know and get along best with and I knew we shared a special connection. I had one with everyone, but I guess considering we actually have the same dad the bond was a tad bit stronger with me and her.

After saying my goodbyes with the family, Michael walked me out carrying my bags.

"Five minutes, then we really need to get going" Demi spoke eyeing me before running off to the car and leaving Michael and I alone.

"Today was fun" he spoke shyly not exactly making eye contact with me, which was weird he was never the nervous type around me.

"Yeah it was, thanks for coming" I smiled. We stood there awkwardly for a minute before I finally spoke up. "I'll be back home officially in three weeks, do you think I can pull you away from the college library and football practice for a night" I smiled, feeling the same butterflies I had felt many nights ago when we first kissed".

"Is this your way of asking me out on a date" he smiled remembering how we used to flirt with one another before we got into a relationship.

"No this is" I smiled before cupping his face and pulled him in for a kiss. The kiss was short lived but enough for our lips to move perfectly in sync as his hand grabbed my waist pulling me in closer to him.

"I'd like that" Michael smiled. "See you when you get back" he said before waving me off.

Walking off towards Demi in the parked car I knew Demi was going to bug me about the details of Michaels and I current relationship status the whole ride but I didn't care I was honestly living on cloud 9. Hopping into the passenger side seat I could feel Demi's eyes and giant smile radiating.

"I'm ready, we can go now" I spoke indicating Demi to stop being a total creep.

"So are the two love birds back together" Demi questioned.

"Nothings official" I simply stated playing with the car radio.

"That kiss back there sure looked official" she poked my side.

"Demi seriously if you don't put this car in drive, i'm not telling you anything and i'm going to miss curfew" I stated as I finally settled on a radio station.

"Fiesty!" Demi laughed as she finally steeped on the gas.

"I meet someone else" I bluntly stated after driving in silence.

"What? Who? Where? When?" Demi was quick to question.

"At the treatment center, his name is Ethan. He volunteers there on the weekends". I answered

"Wait thats the guy who called us and organized the surprise for you right" she connected the dots.

"Yup." I said staring out the side of my window.