1: Disastrous Night.

Megan Crawford.
Friday, June 26th 2015.
20:26.

The first party of the summer was always memorable.

I was in the car with my best friend, she had her hands on the wheel as she drove to one of the many house parties that we would go to this summer. A night out was just what I needed, all my classmates would be there and I was going to have a good time.

I had my eyes closed as I felt the warm air on my skin, the windows were down and the radio was on. I pressed my head back on the seat and begun to think for a moment. School was over and I did not have to stress anymore, I could go on adventures and make memories. But my town was small, and nothing much ever happened.

Blackford, my hometown, was a few miles away from New York City. Not many lived here and it was always silent and calm. There was not much to do around, there were some stores and places to go to, but none of them were too exciting. Everything was just boring.

"Did you know that Eliza broke up with her boyfriend, Daniel?" Blake wondered all of a sudden in a gentle and concerned voice. I opened my eyes and found that worry crowded her pale green eyes, she seemed unsure about talking to me about this.

Blake had been my best friend for as far as I could remember and she had always been one to look out for me. She was such a sweet person, she could make me laugh and she knew what to say when I was going through a hard time. But she was incredibly honest as well, and sometimes, that could hurt.

I knew all too well why she was talking to me about Eliza and Daniel, but I did not want to admit to anything. I shook my head and pretended not to understand. I said in a confused manner, "Why should I know?"

"Josh is insane about her," Blake said, her blunt words made my heart drop. "He has been so into her since sophomore year, but she was too focused on Daniel. I think Josh wants to go out with her, and I wanted to know what you thought of that."

The truth was that I was in love with one of my best friends, Josh Faulkner. He had been my friend since middle school, because he complimented me all the time, and he was so kind to everyone. For years I had wanted him to fall in love with me too, but I knew that I did not stand a chance.

Josh was the captain of the lacrosse team, and too handsome for his own good. All girls wanted to be with him and all boys wanted to be him. But it did not matter to him, that he was so popular. He still spent time with me and my friends, because we knew everything about him, his flaws and fears, too.

"I think nothing of that," I said in a bitter tone as I pursed my lips and glanced out the window. "I know he is insane about Eliza, and I think he should go out with her. They would look amazing together, just imagine them, the golden boy and the homecoming queen."

"Oh my god, Megan," Blake exhaled, sounding exhausted with me. She gave me a stern expression and then turned to look at the road one more time. "You can just be honest with me and stop lying, damn it. I know how you really feel, you do not fool me one bit."

"I would rather not talk about Josh right now. I just want to have a good time tonight."

I had heard in school that Eliza and Daniel were through. I had been thinking about it for a long time and I could picture them. I could see them in my mind, holding hands and laughing. It made me sick, because I was the one that deserved to be with Josh, I knew him much better than she ever would. But he saw me as nothing but his friend, and that caused me an indescribable pain.

Blake nodded and shut her mouth. Three minutes passed, and we found ourselves outside a mansion. The house belonged to twins, Jane and Jackson Matthews. They were in our class, but we had never liked them. They were obnoxious and talked badly about everyone. I was sure that they despised us, too.