Sorry

Hermione looked back down at her book but was interrupted a few seconds later when the door to the shop was opened. She snapped her head up in time to see a males figure almost run to hide between the shelves.

"I'm going the toilet. I'll be back in a minute," Ginny said in a rush as she walked straight out the door. 

Hermione turned her towards the direction the man had ran in. She could see the top of his blonde head. She recognised the gelled back style and the almost white, blonde colour-Malfoy.

Was that who Ginny had been waiting for? Malfoy? 

Hermione couldn't understand why Ginny would need to wait for Malfoy and then just run of. She noticed he seemed to be moving closer to her through the shelves but chose to ignore it, probably just trying to find a specific book she told herself. She hadn't een him since the war, not that she wished she'd seen him more.

She looked back to her book allowing the characters draw her in. 

"I'm sorry," a voice she knew drew her back into reality.

"What for Malfoy?" Hermione retorted spitefully.

"Everything; calling you mudblood, my aunt...torturing you," the words brought back painful memories as she traced the outline of the scar on her wrist, she looked up in to his stormy eyes. She could tell he was actually sorry.

Hermione nodded slowly taking in everything. He could go on and list things forever but Hermione knew what he meant.

"Is that why you came here today. To apologise?" she asked.

"Yes, Ginny owled me saying you'd be here," Draco said looking onto her brown eyes that made him want to melt away.

Hermione knew he was  being honest with her, she couldn't help but feel surprised. Why the sudden change of heart.

"I heard about you and weasel... you're all over the paper," Draco told her.

"I'm not going back to him. Ever! Not this time!" Hermione told him definitely. He was surprised she didn't react to the name

"What actually happened?" Draco ventured confused as to what the weasel could actually done that was so bad.

"He came home around lunchtime I think it was, drunk snogging the face off some dumb blonde he'd picked up in the bar. I'd felt uncomfortable with him for ages, he'd come home drunk and try to kiss me and I would usually use 'petrificus totalus' on him and leave him on our kitchen floor until it wore off," Hermione pored out the whole story telling him even the arts she hadn't told Ginny. She didn't understand why but she just felt so comfortable sitting in the book shop talking with DRACO MALFOY of all people,"I left him for a month a while back when he hit me with a bottle. I should never have gone back but I couldn't do that to Rose."

After Hermione pored it all out she felt really drained. Draco took her small hand in his and surprisingly she didn't try to pull away, instead she leant against him resting her head on his chest. The faint scent of apples comforting her.