Not Broken

METROPOLIS - August 29th

8:11PM

Even with Superboy's speed, time seemed to slow down as Miss Martian's body fell to the floor.

"MEGAN!!!" he screamed out as he ran to her.

Desmond took a step back, his eyes wide with shock and disbelief as he looked at his bloodied green hand, his eyes going wider with every drop of blood that dripped onto the floor.

His hand began to tremble and sweat ran down his forehead as the Team looked at him with shock and fear.

He looked back between them and Superboy, who had tears flooding down his face.

"Megan!!!" he cried out, holding her in his arms. "MEGAN!!!"

Desmond took several small steps back, his eyes fixated on the despaired Superboy.

"I'm sorry..." he muttered fearfully.

Before anyone could call out to him, he disappeared within a swirling storm of energy.

Superboy's eyes were still wide with fear, his eyes with tears and his hands with blood.

"Megan..." he sobbed, barely able to see her past all the tears flooding down his face.

Miss Martian's eyes fluttered slightly as se smiled at Superboy very weakly.

"I'm sorry...Connor..." she whispered through a blood stained mouth. "I didn't mean for this to happen..."

Superboy stroked her hair vigorously, as if every stroke filled her with more life.

"No...No don't apologise..." he sobbed. "It's not your fault...None of this is..."

She lifted a trembling hand and rested it along his tear-stained cheek, her smile growing even weaker.

"Don't blame Desmond, Connor..." she whispered. "Please don't..."

Superboy bit his lower lip and shook his head.

"No..." he cried. "Please don't ask me to do that..."

He clenched his fist.

"I hate him so much..."

Miss Martian's eyes looked at him sadly as he placed his hand over hers.

"I'll never forgive him for this..."

His tears became even more uncontrollably and his voice began to break, making him look like a heart broken child.

"But either way..." Miss Martian said. "You're still my Connor..."

She shut her eyes and leaned her head against his chest as her telepathic link to the Team began to fade, staying in place long enough for the Team to her final words.

"I love you, Connor..." she whispered into their minds. "I love all of you..."

Superboy looked up at the roof, his face completely covered in tears.

"Megan..." he muttered. "I love you too..."

But there was no response.

"Megan?!" he asked.

There was still no response.

"MEGAN!!! NO!!!!!"

He held her out from his arms and looked at her face, which was completely devoid of emotion and life.

Superboy's whole body began to tremble as he looked down in misery.

When he looked up, his eyes were shut and he let out the most despaired, painful scream that the Team had ever heard.