You And Me: Finally.

EDITED JUNE 1ST 2018

We entered the cell block, still alert of our surroundings. There were only six prison walkers, but nothing that our group could not handle. As we got their corpses out of the cell block, we then picked our cells that we'd reside in. 

I had my own cell and that was what I wanted for the time being. Once I had settled all of my belongings, I hesitated if I should go and see how Carl was and if he was settled in. I decided to do so and went to go and find him.

He set his back on his bed and took his hat off to throw some water on his sweaty brown locks. "Hey." I said to Carl and he looked over to me and offered me some of the water. "I'm okay, keep it for you." I smiled and he took a drink of the water then poured the rest in his hands to wipe the dirt from his face. 

"You all settled?" Carl asked taking the things out of his backpack. "Yeah pretty much." I said and walked into his cell more so the group wouldn't hear our conversation. "Hey, so about last night? Are you sure you're fine?" I asked.

"I said I was, right?" Carl slightly snapped at me and I wasn't angered by it. I was the one being nosy. "Yeah, just thought I would ask again." I turned to leave and Carl's words stopped me.

"The dream I had was about you."

"I had lost you. Walkers got to you and there wasn't anything that I could do to help you. It was a pretty bad dream." Carl's blue eyes stared mine down and I didn't break the eye contact. It was so evident that Carl still cared for me and I felt as though I was taking advantage of that. I cared about Carl more than anything, but before the break things weren't great.

"I'm not going anywhere, Carl."

I put my hand on his shoulder and without thinking I moved it to his right cheek. The next thing that happened was not something I expected to happen so soon, but it did. Carl had grabbed my hand and pulled me into an embrace. 

We locked eyes and shared a very special kiss with one another. One that we both had been waiting for. 

We continued in the kiss and moved down to his new bed. His right arm held me up while the left supported us both. My hand made movements all along his face and hair. This feeling was nearly equal to the greatest thing ever. I missed Carl very much and I knew that as passionate as this was, we had to contain ourselves.

We'd never shared something like this before and both of us wanted to keep it. 

We stopped after a few minutes and knew that if this was to happen it would be the right way. It would have to be at the right time because I was only fourteen and Carl was only fifteen. We were both way too young, but then again what in this world was even normal anymore?