Ben's View

(Pretend it's Ben and Maddy)

I was swimming back up but then I saw Maddy in the water.I couldn't believe it,she couldn't swim but there she was trying to keep herself from drowning.I swam up to her and picked her up bridal style, then I put on the blanket.

Maddy: "You scared me!"

Me: "You can't swim?"

Maddy: "No!"

Me: "You live on a island."

Maddy: "Yeah, with a barrier around it, remember?Plus, I have a fear of it."

After my swim, I realized that the girl Mal tried to make me fall for her but when she bent down I got Maddy.Not that I'm complaining,but I don't know if she knew about and tried to stop her or if she didn't know.But she still tried to save me.

Me: "And you still tried to save me."

I sat down next to her.

Me: "I'm sorry if I scared you.And as a thank you,here is a fancy rock."

I gave it to her, while she looks at it.

Me: "It's yours.Make a wish and throw it back in the lake."

She looked at it,then through it back in.When we got up, I quickly gave her my jacket and we sat down.I knew I was in love with her,spell or not.I took a piece of her rainbow hair, in my hand.I couldn't take my eyes off of her.Then I thought of something.

Me: "Um, Mad?..I told you that I loved you."

She looked sad.

Me: "What about you?Do you love me?"

I thought she didn't when she looked away.

Maddy: "I don't know what being in love feels like."

That's when it hit me, she's only known the love of a father and sibling love not a romantic love.I couldn't help but put two fingers under her chin, and made her look at me.

Me: "Maybe I could teach you."

I smiled when she lend into my hand.

Maddy: "I would love that."

I was shocked when she curled up against me.I knew that she missed her dad, maybe I could talk to my dad about it.
........................
When we got back I walked Maddy to her room.

Maddy: "So, are you coming by tonight? I can make us some tea."

I smiled. 

Me: "I am but I need to speak with my father about something first."

Maddy: "Okay.And thank you,this has been one of the best day's of my life." 

I smiled and kissed her cheek. 

Me: "Your welcome,and this has been one of the best day's of my life too."

After I told her that I would see her soon, I went straight to my dad.I have been looking for him for hours but I finally found him in the study.

Me: "Dad, can I talked to you for a little bit." 

Dad: "Of course, son."

I sat down and started talking to him about Maddys dad.I asked if there was a way for the Mad Hatter to be able to live here.I really didn't get much of an answer from him, all I got was a 'I'll see what I can do.' answer.So, I went back to my room.