Chapter 31

Amanda's POV

And that's when I felt his strong hand push my back with force. Within a blink of an eye, I had noticed the distance between the two of us grow farther as the distance between me and the dangerous waters grew closer. And I had fallen into an abyss of darkness. 

But just as I was about to hit to water,

I was caught.

My body was now in someone's arms and we were soaring above the water.

When I flickered my eyes open,

I saw it was no other than him

"Peter?"  

The boy who I hated, but loved at the same time.  The boy who annoyed me utterly, but also made me feel happy.  The boy who was nothing more than a demon, but was a broken angel in my eyes.  The boy who has saved me three times, has saved me once again.  Wow, who knew that a villain could be a hero at the same time.

"That's me, love." Peter said dearly as we were flying higher.  When I brought my head up, I realized that Peter was flying back to the cliff I nearly died on.  This worried me.  What if Adam is still up there?  I certainly don't want to see him after he tried to kill me.

"Peter, what do you think you're doing?" I asked cautiously.

"Something that I should've done to Adam on the night he kissed you." Peter said with vengeance.  And then I remembered, Peter was going to crush Adam's heart that night.  And I agree.  He should have.  I wouldn't be in this mess right now if Peter got rid of Adam earlier.

Peter finally landed on the cliff, and released me from his arms so I could stand.  I was expecting to see Adam in front of us, but he was gone.  Peter and I scanned the area, but Adam was no where to be seen.  When Peter and I were searching behind a bush, a gust of wind was felt from behind us.  We both turned around, and there was Adam.

Adam's feet were not on the ground though.  Adam was hovering above the ground with his massive, dark wings.  This stunned Peter.  Peter's expression showed nothing but complete confusion and the need for revenge.  Adam was simply floating in front of us, with his wings flapping.  Adam was clearly amused by the look of Peter's face.

I held onto Peter's hand tightly.  In all honesty, I was afraid.  I know that Adam can fly, but there's obviously more that he can do.  He is a fairy after all, so Adam should know how magic works.  But Peter is no fairy.  Peter is just a boy with extraordinary powers. What if Adam's magic is more powerful than Peter's?  Then, we're goners.

"Seems like my planned failed." Adam stated, gazing down at us.

"Clearly." Peter growled, but still seemed a little dumbstruck by Adam's wings.

"I bet you didn't see this coming huh Pan?" Adam chuckled.

"Actually I did.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have caught Amanda.  But what I didn't expect was finding out that you're a fairy." Peter spat.

"Not just any fairy though.  Maleficent's son to be exact." Adam noted clearly.  Peter didn't see this coming at all, for his eyes were widened with incredulity.

"N-No.  Maleficent's son was killed.  H-He died!" Peter shouted in fury.  I've never seen Peter shout like that before.  I haven't even heard him stutter like that either.  Peter appeared very wrathful, but I sensed concern. 

"Well, you are wrong.  He's not dead because I am here!  I am alive!  And I played you like a fool.  Getting you to believe that I was a true lost boy." Adam scoffed heavily.

Peter rolled his eyes by Adam's response.  "But you are lost, Adam.  Don't you get it?  You are nothing but a lost boy!  I did kill your mother after all, and I bet she was the only one who cared about you!  And who do you have now?  No one!"  

I silently stood beside Peter during the whole fight.  Usually I would be screaming cuss words at Adam or even attempt at attacking him by now, but I couldn't.

"And who's fault is that?  It's your fault!  You killed my mother for no goddamn reason!" Adam screamed.

Peter's expression changed.  It showed far more darkness and hatred than ever before.

"I don't just kill people for fun you know!  You wanna know why I killed Maleficent and her little colony of fairies?!  Well it's because I had a reason.  Your mother killed my sister!"

Sister?  Peter had a sister?  I thought he was an only child..

"Oh stop with the lies Pan!" Adam remarked.

"Oh but I'm not lying.  It's the deadly truth.  Maleficent was afraid that my sister would take her place as the queen of Neverland.  That's why she killed my sister, Tinkerbell."

Tinkerbell was Peter's sister?  Well, that explains a lot.  No wonder Peter would kill Maleficent.  He did it because of the death of Tinkerbell.  His sister.  His family.  Maybe that's how Peter became lost...

"My mother was just doing what was best for the island!  She knew that no one else would be capable of taking care of Neverland!" Adam said in defense.

"Excuses, excuses."

"Yeah whatever.  The point is that you killed the person I loved most and I intended on killing the person that you love most.  But my plan clearly failed, since Amanda is alive." Adam pointed towards me.

"Well that's for sure." Peter replied.

Peter didn't deny it when Adam said that I was the one Peter loved most, I thought to myself.

"But that doesn't mean I can't kill you." Adam darkly whispered with a rasp.

And before I knew it, Adam was right in front of Peter and his hand was struck inside Peter's chest,

reaching for his heart.