-Luffy-

-AN-
Oh heeeey there! Remember me? The shit author who neglects priority? That's the one! Guess who's back for a day, and then probably will be gone another month? Ahaha! Yup, me! Srsly, if anyone is reading this, kudos for keeping this shit in your library.

This is a Luffy x Shy! Reader. It was a request, and a good one, too! With Luffy being... Well, Luffy, there's so much you can do with a request like this! So, I hope you enjoy!

------------------------

Ah, dinner time with the Strawhat pirates. Have you ever seen anything more chaotic? Food flew in the air like ammunition, and it was always a mad scramble to get said food in the first place.

Which was probably the reason (Name) stayed away from the kitchen in this time.

Sanji, being Sanji, was kind enough to fix her up with her meal before anyone else's. After all, the girl was very shy. The loud, rambunctious crew she absolutely adored, were just too much for her when confined together in one space.

And so, she sat, somewhat sad in her own, personal bubble while she listened to the rest of the crew's antics from her bedroom.

She didn't like being so shy and nervous, it saddened her to know end. Little things like maintaining eye-contact, or speaking to new people was difficult for her.

Which was an awful handicap for a pirate...

Lost to her thoughts, the (h/c) girl was unaware of the rubber male slinking down the corridor looking for her. Well, until his fist rattled three times against her bedroom door.

"Shishishi~!"

Was the only reply that met her startled squeak, and Luffy didn't wait for an invitation to enter the room. Her door flew open, and in popped a grinning face, topped with a shaggy mop of inky hair and signature strawhat.

A delicate palm rested over a rapidly pounding heart, in hopes of the appendage somehow soothing the furious thump.

"L-Luffy! You scared me!"

"Ah? Shishishi~! Sorry!"

"No you're not."

She grumbled, and was once again met with boisterous laughter. The strawhatter shut the bedroom door, and plopped himself into the unoccupied space before it, legs folded in a bizarre fashion that left the bottoms of his feet pressed together.

For the brief moment the room fell silent, Luffy observed his female nakama. His scrutinizing gaze more observant than the majority would give him credit for.

It didn't go unnoticed to his swirling eyes of black when she shrank under his intense stare. Nor the way her head bowed shyly.

"(Name)...?"

He asked, head tilted, face a picture of blissful ignorance.

"Yeah Luffy...?"

His eyes made their way to her face, where they briefly locked with her own, before the hold was broken by her down-turned head.

"Why don't you ever eat with us?"

The question was quick, and absolute. His voice was curious, with an undertone of disappointment. Had he upset her? Did she not like someone in the crew? Why did she always refuse to eat with them?

"Would you liked it if I ate with you, Luffy?"

The male pursed his lips and frowned slightly, before nodding.

"Yeah, but... Why don't you?"

Luffy never really complained about anything. Well, anything that wasn't jovial. He always voiced his displeasure to overly hot or cold weathers, or if he was hungry, but he never voiced if he disliked something.

It wasn't hard to guess what he didn't like, and had anyone been observing his face merely a few moments ago, they would've been able to tell by the way it screwed up that he didn't like his questions be dodged.

"Because... Because I'm really shy..."

"Shy?"

"Yeah, shy... I can't stand being in the spotlight, or in a room full of people..."

Luffy rapidly blinked his large eyes. While he didn't really understand the concept of shyness, he certainly didn't disrespect it. Breathing a noise of relief, the male got up, only to flop onto the bed, in front of the girl.

"Well, I guess that's ok. I thought you hated me or something! Shishishi~!"

Rolling onto his back, Luffy linked his hands over his stomach, only casting a brief glance to the strawhat that rolled off his head, and stopped before (Name).

With a smile as soft as silk, the girl gently picked up her Captain's hat. Staring at it in adoration as she recalled the first time she had caught glimpse of it in person.

Her past was nothing too traumatic, but nothing spectacular either. She simply a pauper's daughter, who had grown up with little enough human contact to be somewhat scared of it.

Sighing happily to herself, she looked at the male who was blinking up at her curiously, watching the way she fiddled with loose bits of straw.

"I could never hate you, Luffy."

(Name) stated, reaching out to set the hat back where it belonged. Luffy's response was instantaneous. A grin, wide and toothy stretched his cheeks as he laughed his unique laugh.

"I'm glad!"

He responded, eyes once again locking with hers, the contact surprisingly remaining steady.

"Because you're one of the last people in the world I'd want to hate me."