FIVE

I wanted to create an adventure plus a science fiction story. It is so because I'd never tried any adventure genre story, but since I wanted it to be a science fiction too; well, I added both of the ingredients, I tried to keep the ratio as fifty percent science fiction, forty percent adventure and ten percent horror.

This chapter would contain hints of what's actually happening, because, just putting a character from a one world into another wouldn't just 'click'...

~0~

"Give her stuff, I'll be outside. Takeo, you're with me." Tank gestured his hands at me and left.

'What stuff?'

Takeo, after giving the doctor one last knowing glance, left; leaving me alone.

As I had come upon the conclusion, that the 'doctor' is Dr. Edward Richtofen, other three characters being from the original crew. Honestly, just because I had received a gift from a good friend was one of the important facts that propelled my want to play this game, other being the game's pure awesomeness. I never put my attention into the characters much; yes, I do read the plot and the background to at least be familiar with the game...

It appears, that they are actually quite different...

I coughed and immediately regretted it as the doctor's dull green eyes looked at me.

'I never liked this character much; I presumed that he was the antagonist. Wait—

These versions were the character's younger counter parts and though this character appeared different from its older self, I am aware what he would become.

—He- maybe –is already the antagonist.'

'God...What is happening?'

I exhaled.

'I hope my glasses are still in one piece or something or somewhere.' I wished silently, as, without my glasses I was sure to get a headache...

He rubbed his temples tiredly and returned to his study. I on the other side stood idle; I observed my environment one by one. Taking in each factor one at a time, I drew out relations on how the room looked; it was a medium sized room, off-white colored walls, taped on them were a collection of blue and white posters with clean, small, vertical and angular handwritings with couple of informative diagrams. The diagrams were pasted beside the posters containing only writings; I think that he was working on something. There was a lengthy steel counter with a wooden cupboard just beside it, the open shelves of the cupboard held seven glass bottles, each of them marked with pieces of paper which had clean words designating the contents of the bottles. After observing the nomenclature of the bottles and arrangement of some bulky books in the open desk of the cupboard, through the corner of my eyes, I noticed the steel counter; it had dried, maroon spots embellishing it at certain points.

Glancing back at him, I wondered, how could the spots on the counter still be there? Considering the assumed fact that he was fond of cleanliness...'

I again glanced at the counter; the maroon spots were opaque and pretty big...

'That's it.'

My jaw tightened as I realized while staring at the counter. I think that he tried to remove them but accidently left some.

'They are recent, the spots...'

'That means that someone was here, was it me?'

'No, can't be, probabilities are slim.' I would've known, besides since the time I've been here, I remember and sense the openness of the hall; the place with the cot. The basics like the sound of rain, the dampness of soil and smell of wood...