To Save

I got up that morning to the light shining through the shelves blocking the door. I got out of my hammock stepping over Alexander and looking through the shelves. I no longer could see the dead. I knew we needed to keep moving. I then began the task of waking people up. I woke up Annalee and we both woke up people. After everyone was awake Mark Bob and Aaron moved the shelves and I ran out and looked down the street and it was clear.

"Come on let's go", I said. The group ran out with supplies. Mark was carrying a back pack with a blanket tied on to it. The backpack was holding canned food. Anna was still quiet and we all made out way down the street. I needed that rest and I knew it would help me very soon. It was kind of still dark but there was day light. I knew we were all hungry but Ava found some trail mix and granola bars to all of us.

"Thanks ", Mark said. "Maddie can I talk to you and the rest of you walk ahead of us",.

"Sure",  I said walking back to  Mark and left Bob in charge.

"Yea?", I asked.

"Hey um I saw them", Mark said.

"You mean like Jack, Wade, Mike..", I said.

"Exactly but it was not a dream it was like they were ghosts", Mark explained. I stopped walking.

"Ghosts?", I asked.

"Yea". Mark said. "Last night the moans stopped suddenly and like I heard screams and then I heard stuff moving and I saw Wade touching stuff on the counter and he walked over to you and I think hugged you then checked on all of us and me and I was able to say hi and he left",.

"Whoa", I said. "That's weird yet cool at the same time",.

"I know", Mark said. "Maddie I was wondering if we could just travel the country looking for survivors",.

"That's a great idea but please keep in mind that not all people can be trusted. Like I could have never trusted Annalee because of what she did to Jack", I said.

"I get it", Mark said.

"Guys from now on we have no location, no home, no plans we or officially just trying to survive and save others", I called.

"So we are basically walking no where planned?", Bob asked.

"Basically", I said.

"So like were heroes to others?", Alexander asked.

"Dude, not really, we are survivors of this infection, but if you would like to call us saving people then yea", I said.

"Oh.. I consider you to be a hero", Alexander mumbled.

"I'm not a hero at all I just was glad to stumble upon you all", I said.

"Oh okay", Alex said smiling.

"So that's our plan?", Mark said.

"Exactly", The whole group responded. Then we began on our quest or what now seemed to be a good idea.