Chapter 3: Getting Off Track

Chapter 3
Richard Neil Sky
Getting Off Track

"Oh please," Maggy said as Bobby was starting to flirt with her. Bobby, being persistant, was smiling at Maggy. Apparently, her girlfriend cheated on her and they weren't speaking with each other. Now, here we were, at the party that we weren't supposed to go to. Maggy had insisted us on joining her. I was supposed to be the leader her, but Maggy needed to let loose a bit. "Stop flirting with me, Bob. You have no chance..." She muttered but Bobby wouldn't budge. He was still smiling at Maggy.

The party was just small but still, it was loud. People were dancing. Not the good kind of dance. It consisted of grinding, twerking, groping, making-out and other unnecessarry dance moves. Making a face, Tesla started to dance, the good dance, but he was starting to shout. Which made me laugh because he looked ridiculous. People were giving him drinks, the heavy ones and I was starting to drag Tesla back to the safe zone when a hand grabbed my wrist, making me tumble. I turned to glare at the person, the culprit, and when my eyes landed on his, I regretted going here with Maggy and my friends.

The one who grabbed my hand was no other than Cade Felix Thompson.

"Shit," I cursed, massaging my wrist as I glared at him. What he did wasn't funny or good at all. It hurt me yet here he was, still smiling because of what he did. What an asshole.

"I'm sorry?" Cade teased, bending down a bit. He was teasing me because I just cursed. Cade was always amazed whenenever I did a bad deed. I just knew it. I wasn't going to say it again. Instead, I gave him a death glare and tried to pass him but he grabbed my hand again. I looked up at him. "Follow me," he mouthed.

I turned back to look my friends, who were busy partying their asses off. I knew it would be a wrong move to follow Cade, but I was intrigued. With one last look to my friends, I followed Cade. People were still dancing with hands in drinks, and I was afraid I would lose track of Cade. The way was narrowed and I could only see Cade's back, so I kept my eyes at his back, not wanting to leave it. His back was nice.

We went to a secluded place, where the only people were us. We kept walking and the air smelled Earthy. The music was fading in the background and Cade was still walking, not taking a look at me. We found a bench to sit on and Cade sat on there, his eyes watching the night sky.

Hesitantly, I took a seat beside him and it was kind of awkward to watch the stars with him. He was the school's bad boy, the bully. He was famous. He had a lot of fangirls. The air felt nice and I was glad I was wearing a jacket to keep myself warm. Apparently, Cade had brought a heavy drink and I watched him drink it, him watching me watch him. He gave me a wink and I scowled. He offered the drink to me and I shook my head.

"Come on, Sky." He said, smirking. "Afraid that you'd get drunk easily? What a weakling," he teased, taking a chug again and I frowned, grabbed the heavy drink, and drank. The alcohol burned my throat and it felt heavy in my belly. Making a face because of the taste - it tasted so bad, Cade chuckled at my disgusted expression and I flipped him off. "Nice, Sky. Very nice of you."

"Shut up, Thompson." I muttered as I looked anywhere but him.

"Make me," he challenged. I could practically hear a grin and amusement on his voice. His voice was taunting and basically, he was taunting me to do some crazy stuffs. I wasn't going to do anything crazy. "Weakling,"

"Stop calling me weakling," I growled, fisting my hands and he put his hands up in surrender. Cade was still smirking at me, and I wanted to wipe the smirk out of his face but punching him again and again until the smirk was gone. But that's what he wanted me to do. To break stuffs.

Cade leaned down a bit and whispered, "What are you going to do if I don't.... weakling?"

That's it. I lost myself and started to grab the hem of his shirt, gripping it with my bare hands as I looked him into his eyes with anger. Cade was smiling and for a moment, I was frozen because his smile was cute and perfect. His eyes were kind of green or blue, I wasn't sure. It was mixed. Sometimes it appeared green, sometimes it appeared blue. His dark blonde hair was tousled. I thought it looked cute on him. He had a slightly crooked nose, and I thought he got that from one of his fights. His lips were pinkish and plumped and I hated to admit it, but it was inviting. I wanted to touch it, to see and feel how soft would it be. My eyes flickered all around his face, and he had the face that I would call perfect.

My hands loosened its grip to the hem of his shirt and Cade was not smiling anymore. His face became unreadable and I frowned in confusion. It was making me crazy on how things changed so fast in a blink of an eye. One moment, I was mad at him. Seconds passed by and I was admiring his face. What the actual fuck. Cade was making me crazy. I was about to back away when Cade did the last thing I wouldn't think he would do. He put his arms on my hips and kept me in place as he gazed into my eyes.

"I'm stargazing right now," Cade whispered as he looked deep into my eyes. I could feel something good surrounding us as we both stared into each other's eyes. "Your eyes are so beautiful,"

I gulped. This was the last thing I expected to happen in this party. I shouldn't have come at all, knowing Cade would be here. I was trying my best to tame him down, but I hadn't done anything worthy to make him stop bullying others. Cade held me in place, not wanting to let go of my hips. I tried to avert my eyes away from his, but his eyes were captivating and alluring it was hard not to take my gaze off of his.

"Cade!" We heard someone shot and Cade and I both jumped out of each other. The air was now filled with awkwardness and I rubbed my neck with my palm, not looking at his direction. I could still feel his gaze on me but I tried to make myself calm and compose. The person who shouted Cade's name was getting nearer and nearer and I hadn't moved a muscle. I was afraid that if I moved, I would look into Cade's eyes and I didn't want that to happen. It was Amir.

I ran before Amir saw me with Cade. Not looking back, I kept running until I reached the house, where the party was happening, until my legs got numbed. I was breathing hard, like the air had been taken out of my lungs and I was struggling to get air. I squeezed my eyes shut until a hand landed on my shoulder and I jumped in shock. Carlo raised his hands up in the air and was looking at me worriedly. I just shook my head and shrugged at him.

"Is there something wrong?" Carlo asked me worriedly. "Did something happen? You're pale."

"No, I'm fine." I replied, smiling down at Carlo. He wasn't sure what to do. So I pat his back, telling him I was okay and that he should go have fun. He nodded slightly. Carlo wasn't believing me, but he did as he was told. He left me alone and went party. I wasn't fine. I wasn't okay. I wanted to get out of the party now before something odd would happen. I fished my phone out of my pocket and texted all my friends that I would be going home now.

Sighing, I got out of the house and started to walk away from the party. I could feel someone's eyes on me but I just kept moving. The best thing to do was to ignore it and move on. The music of the party could still be heard even though I was far away from the house.

While I was walking, my thoughts drifted to Cade, when we were together just minutes ago. I didn't know why Cade acted that way. He was always bullying me, to the point that I couldn't count how many times he put a salt on my food, how many times he messed my notebooks, how many times he shoved me into the locker playfully, how many times he almost tripped me when we were in the cafeteria, how many times he was throwing crumpled papers on me. It was freaking uncountable.

But still, it all faded when Cade looked into my eyes. He waved at me. He texted me. He stargazed in my eyes.