Chapter 5

(Eva's POV)

    Beep .... Beep... Beep .... Beeeep
God what is that annoying noise? 

  'Wake up Eva. Everyone misses you.'

I know that voice. Nate? That has to be Nate. Why can't I open my eyes.

   'Nathaniel, please go get me some water.'

Dad? What's he doing here?

   'Yes sir.' I heard the door open and close. So does this mean I'm alone with dad? Cmon Eva open your eyes, you can do it.

      'Evangeline, I don't know if you can hear me. But if you can Im so sorry.' I felt him grab my hand. Oh god, he just apologize.

   ' I told your mother I would protect you with everything I had. Look at you. You are in the place she was once in. Hopefully you make it instead.' So mom died and he was with her too. I need to wake up. This can't be happening.

       'She was hurt the same way you were. I can't loose you the same way I lost her. I wouldn't be able to loose you considering you look exactly like her.' 
I heard the chair scrape against the floor and I knew he got up. I heard a window open and him sigh.

       'I love you so much Evangeline. Your brothers too. Looking at all you reminds me so much of your mother. She'd hate me if she saw how I treated you all. Please forgive..... Forgive me Evangeline. Samantha please forgive me.'   

            If I was awake id be crying. He asked for my forgiveness and for my mothers. Ok concentrate. After a few minutes I finally felt a huge weight lift off my eyes and I fluttered my eyes open. 

           "Ughhhh...."
"Evangeline? Evangeline! Nathaniel! Get your brothers she's awake!"

       "Evangeline can you hear me?"

"Too... Bright" I say with my eyes closed.  I hear the light flicker off and I try again. I flutter my eyes open and see my father.

      "Dad? Where am I?" I say trying to get up but he pushes me back down. The door burst open and in walk Nate, Danny, and Alex.

"Do not move. You have a concussion. You hit your head pretty hard. You should heal in a day or two. Until then you are not to move from the bed. Understood? He said sitting back down.

    "Yes sir. Permission to ask a question?" I say knowing he'll probably say no but I need answers. I look over at him but look down when I see he's staring back at me with an unreadable expression. After a few more seconds he decides to break the silence.

    "You maybe ask one, Evangeline" he said.

But what exactly do I want to ask. What happened? I knew what happened. Why were their wolves? No too easy. Ok this one he can't dodge.

    "Those wolves. They were bigger than most. Actually they're bigger than any wolf I've seen. Don't tell me they have some genetic malfunction. I want the truth dad. Please," I whisper the last part. Minutes pass and he still hasn't said anything. I look up to see he's staring at the floor.

      "Dad? Please" he looks at me and sighs. I see him run a hand through his black/grayish hair. If you were to take away the grey hair, and made him shave he'd look like Nates twin.

He looks over all of us and says, "I suppose you all deserve an explanation. But you will not get one."

He puts his hand up because we all know Nate was going to say something.

     "Nathaniel do not argue with me. I kept you all away from this for a reason. I'm happy you are awake but let me ask you something Evangeline. Why were you so far out of the yellow boundaries? I specifically told you NOT to pass those! You disobeyed me and this is the result! You could've been killed for acting foolish! Alexander was hurt as well! You could've gotten your brothers killed! I did not raise you all to be this careless!!!" He screamed.

    I've had it with him. Im done with him claiming he's been there for us when he hasn't! 

     "That's right you didn't raise us! Because all you've ever done was run away from YOUR family! Moms gone dad get over it! We all have! We've accepted that she's in a better place looking over all of us. Don't you DARE stand there and act like you've been there when you haven't! You've done nothing but lie to us, abandon us, and left us to fend for ourselves! I was out running because it's what I do best. I got lost, SUE ME! But are you in this bed? Are you hurting? NO. So why don't you do what's best and LEAVE. Be the COWARD that you've always been and RUN! I will not sit here and have you yell at me when you're in the wrong!"

By now I've gotten out of bed and started walking to the door but started feeling light head and collapsed on the floor. Thankfully Danny was there and helped me up. 

     "Evangeline, you will watch your tone! I will not be spoken to that way!" He yelled.

     "Danny, take me to your room please? I want to sleep." He nodded and walked off with an angry father right behind us. 

    "Unbelievable!" He screamed. Every time I fight with dad I always come to Danny's room. He lets me sleep in here with him. I don't know what it is but his room makes me feel safe. He laid me down, and tucked me in. My father stood at the door and watched us. Danny said he forgot his cell in Alex room and that he'll be back. I laid there starring at the man who was suppose to love us, but couldn't bare to look at us because it hurt him.

       "One day this will all make sense, until then I must go. I will be back for Daniels and Alexander's  birthday until then, goodbye Evangeline."

         He didn't wait for me to say bye, he just left. When he closed the door that's when I let everything out. I started crying. Danny came in & laid with me and let me cry on his chest muttering comforting words.

     I fell asleep in my brothers arms. I just wanted all of this to be over. Happy birthday to me.