(17)

( CHRIS POV )

"So what the fuck happen with you and Ravaughn ?" I asked Marie as she sat in the car.

"I asked her why August don't let her spend her own money, and she was like her money is for the kids. Then i said i let you make the money because i don't and they started going on about how a real woman wouldn't let they man be the only money maker in the house and that's probably why you stressing . Ravaughn was like that's some bum bitch shit and said i was a bum because i don't put money on the table. i told her fuck her because she ain't nothing but a bitch who faked her death for attention." She looked down

"Why in the fuck would your ass say some stupid shit like that? What in your pea ass brain made you think that was the right thing to say? Now if August have a problem with me about this shit, it's gone be me and you."

"Why do you care about how August feels?" Marie snapped at me.

"Because he the reason your ass ain't sleeping in a fucking hotel!" I yelled." This man the only reason you got a roof on your head right now, i ain't pulling no weight. That's why i care about how he feels."

"What you mean you ain't pulling no weight?"

"I mean exactly what i say. Don't nobody wanna hire no nigga with a record, all i'm good for is trapping but every time i try to pull some weight in your ass act like it's the end of the world."

"That's because I don't wanna loose you. " She started to wipe her face.

"Hell no Marie, don't you start that cry baby shit with me. You do that because your so insecure about Rosa and what i got going on with her. You ain't slick i hear the little comments, and the messages you send your girls."

"Chris put yourself in my my shoes, you would act the same if i had a baby by another nigga and when he came around i act like you don't even exist,"

I looked at her then back at the road, heading towards the house. Besides the little sniffles that came from Marie here and there, the ride was quiet.

I pulled into the garage and got out, walking over to her side to let her out. I grabbed her bags and followed her in through the front door. August was sitting on the end of the long couch and Rae on the other end. "Y'all straight?"

"straight as can be, i ain't stun it." Ravaughn said getting up

"Man sit your ass down." August said." Y'all finna sit y'all ass down here and talk it out. We a family and no matter how bad a situation get we gotta stick together."

"Yeah y'all fighting over some petty shit."

"No it's not petty, she came at me wrong and i was not about to let that slide." Marie said.

"I came at you wrong because i said you don't need to let your nigga be the only one bringing money in the house? Bitch i was just giving you advice from someone who knows, if he down bad your ass need to be there to help him come up." Ravaughn said

"You wasn't helping me, you was tryna put on a show. If you really wanted to help that would've been some shit you say to me when we alone not around other bitches." Marie said sitting down.

"Them other bitches is your friend too fuck is you talm bout. The shit i said was the truth, but that faking my death shit for attention was low and dirty as fuck. I ain't never expect no shit like that from you."

"Well you calling me a bum bitch was low and dirty as fuck. Every since your little friend got back you just don't fuck with me for real, you and everybody else. "

Ravaughn laughed." You right, because every since she got back, you been acting like you couldn't hang when she was around. Im not about to chase after you and kiss your ass and beg you to do something. I don't even do that shit for August and he my nigga."