Where the Heart Is

I tore into the flesh of a red envelope that caught my eye, I never was good at gently opening these things.

"Dear, Nya

Hey Nya! Since you were gone and we haven't really had the time to chat face-to-face lately, I told the guys that we should maybe write letters to you or something. I know it's kinda lame... but uh... I'm really glad that you've chosen to be a ninja like us now. You've always been a part of the team but I'm glad we'll get to work together more closely as brother and sister. So the next time some four-armed psychotic maniac tries to take over the world or some otherworldly tentacled monster comes for us, I'd like you to fight by our sides (and maybe slightly to the back, I'm still your brother and I don't want to see you get hurt). Nya, you're one of us now and I can't stress that enough.

Lots o' love, Kai"

Kai... you might actually be the best brother ever.

I smiled, rereading Kai's letter a couple of times before gently setting it down on my nightstand.

So all these letters are from the ninja? Then this dark grey one must be from...

"From Cole,
Nya! You were awesome out there when you were fighting the Promi- Premi- Prestidigi- you were really awesome fighting the ghosts and Morro yesterday!"

Heh. I guess he means the Preeminent.

"Y'know, at first, I was having issues with actually writing this letter (holding a pen as a ghost is actually pretty impossible, even for me) but then I remembered what you told me and I figured out a trick! If I possess the pen, I can write with... a ghost pen! Nya what I'm trying to say is that... thanks to you, I can be flexible, even as the Elemental Master of Earth! So yeah... thanks."

Cole... I wish I could help you more. I know you're pretending that things are okay but... I'm sure you're still really shaken up. I... wish I could help you more...

"Huh? Oh there's more... letters. This plain, white one... it looks like it's fresh out of... an envelope. I almost feel bad to tear it open..."

I tore through the envelope, as gently as possible but it still looked like the top of the envelope got into a fight with a lawnmower... and lost.

"Dear Nya,

After all we've endured together, you still continue to amaze and inspire me. Upon finding out that your element was water, I was surprised but in hindsight, I should have anticipated it as you are a highly flexible individual. Although I could continue singing your praises, P.I.X.A.L. also wishes to relay a message onto you.

Hello Nya. I understand that it has been some time since we have spoken to one another directly. Zane has given me permission to speak through his body which I, myself, find invigorating. I cannot thank you enough for inspiring me to work with the ninja, to work with you. If Zane would allow it, I would love to give you a hug!

Sincerely,
Zane and P.I.X.A.L."

Wow, even P.I.X.A.L.'s grateful for what I did... is this how everyone feels about the ninja every day? No wonder they can work so hard...

I glanced over to my nightstand where there were only three letters left: a blue one that was sealed with a bright red heart (obviously Jay's), a green one with a golden trim (I'm guessing this is from Lloyd), and a simple purple one with cursive writing that said "to our favorite water ninja."

I have no idea who this purple one could be from, well... maybe Wu? Eh. I'll save that surprise for last. But I'll start with Lloyd's since he got me this amazing room.

I jammed a nail underneath the gold-embroidered part of the envelope, tearing it clear off the green paper and exposing Lloyd's letter.

"Dear Nya,

It's definitely been a wild ride for us all. Unlocking our True Potential, fighting Anacondrai, fighting Nindroids, losing parents..."

The letter was stained with a few scattered tears.

Lloyd's definitely been through a lot throughout this whole adventure, or I guess it's been his whole life actually...

"My point is that you've been with us through all of this and at times, you were right in the middle of it. I've been training with the guys for a while now but I have to admit I've also been learning a lot from you, even without sparring with you. You're definitely an inspiration, whether you're being an awesome engineer, Samurai X, the Elemental Master of Water, or just being Nya. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us Nya and whatever path you choose, I hope you put forth your best effort into it and have fun doing it!

Yours truly,
Lloyd M. Garmadon"

Lloyd... you always know just what to say. You're definitely gonna be a great Sensei some day... and I can tell that it'll be someday soon.

"Alright Jay... let's see what-"

I glanced over the last two remaining letters.

I want to save the best for last... Jay... I'm sorry but you'll have to wait a little longer.

I smiled to myself. If he heard that he would've gone wild.

"Alright Wu. Let's see what wisdom you hid in this mysterious purple letter."

I slashed through the top of the letter and instantly the area was filled with a sweet scent, it was like a cross between cotton candy and lavender... I just couldn't stop smelling it.

"Whoa Wu. I didn't know you used perfume..." I chuckled to myself, as I pulled the next letter out of its shell.

"Hello lady ninja of water. I'm glad we finally get to have a chat. It's not often that our little group scouts new members but you're something special, something I'm sure you're already well aware of."

Ugh. They can't just leave me alone for one day? Who are these people?

"Anyway, I won't bore you too much with a bunch of 'Nya you're amazing', 'Nya you're skilled', 'Nya you have amazing potential', etc. My point is, Nya, I'd like you to join my group- actually, we don't even have an official name. You can just call us the Kunoichi. Oh right and I haven't introduced myself yet either! Don't think I'll tell you my real name so for now, just know that I'm Free, an associate of Wake, the girl you fought earlier."

Ugh her.

"I'm sorry if she was rough with your or annoying to you or whatever, she tends to do things her own way. Anyway, I'm sure you want information on how we know so much about you and your friends so... meet me at the noodle shop in New Ninjago City! I'll be around there for the next 24 hours. Until then, Nya, Kunoichi of Water."

... What should I do?