Chapter 21

I felt my body being slammed to the ground. "Alvina? What are you doing here?" My dizzy vision somehow make out it was Harry and Cedric. Questions flooded my puzzled mind. Where am I? How did I get here? Why am I with the champions? Cedric offered me his hand to pull me up. "Wands out." He told me. I rubbed my temples and took in the view...I reckon I'm in graveyard judging by the tombs and eerie vibe. Harry suddenly dropped to the ground, rolling on the floor as he writhed in pain. "Harry!" I kneeled down and realized that his scar is hurting again...that only means..."Kill the spare." Someone said. A hooded figure raised his wand, everything happened too fast, so fast I couldn't comprehend. "Avada Kedavra!" A blast of green light blinded me, something heavy fell beside me. I opened my stirring eyes, terrified of what I was about to see.

Cedric was lying on the ground, dead.

I put my hands over my mouth to stifle a scream. My heart hammering my chest...this isn't real. The corner of my eyes began to sting. My lips trembling and my shoulder shuddering...no...Cedric isn't dead...he can't be. My lungs began to ache as if they had been ripped out of my own chest with a knife. The air I breathed seemed to be toxic and the world around me seemed to be tilted.

"Bring them to me." A cold voice said. The hooded man approached me and Harry. My shaky hands searched for my wand, however, I can't find the strength to grasp it. Harry continued to clutch his scar, unaware of what's happening. The hooded man dragged us toward a marble headstone as we struggled to get rid of his tight grip. He tied us from neck to ankle to the headstone. I could hear the shallow and fast breathing from the man. I tried to kick him, but he hit me with a hand that had a finger missing. "It's you!" I gasped. "Wormtail!" Harry said in much hatred in his voice. Womrtail ignored us, he was busy checking the tightness of the rope. Harry and I were bounded so tightly we couldn't move an inch. I am bombarded with fear and confusion; my head is clouded with the loss of Cedric that I cannot think straight. I saw Wormtail pushing a cauldron with liquid boiling in it. "Hurry!" a cold voice snapped. The surface of the liquid began to send out fiery sparks. "It is ready, master." Said Wormtail in a squeaky voice. Wormtail revealed something childlike- it is ugly, slimy, whatever it is, it's disgusting enough to trigger my gag reflex. He lowered the creature into the cauldron and walked towards me and Harry.

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son."

The surface of the grave cracked, a trickle of dust fell softly into the cauldron. The diamond surface of the water sends sparks in all direction. Now, Wormtail is whimpering. He pulled out a silver dagger, "Flesh of the servant – willingly given – you will revive your master." He sobs. I closed my eyes as soon as I realized what he was about to do. However, I could not block the ear piercing scream that echoed in the graveyard. I hesitantly opened my eyes and they widened when I saw him walking towards me and Harry with his bloody arm. "B-bloody of the enemy- forcibly taken – you will resurrect your foe." I tried to scream but no sounds came out, I watched helplessly as Wormtail sliced his dagger with ease and collect Harry's blood from his cut arms. Wormtail turned to me, I gulped. "Crucio!" A delirious pain took over my nerve. I yelped, this is the worst feeling I've ever experienced. I felt better off dead than to stay here and get tortured. "Stop it!" I heard Harry yelled, yet Wormtail continued. Hot tears streamed down my face and Wormtail collected them, "Tears of the daughter – sorrowfully given – you will strengthen your father!" I inhaled sharply at his words and flinched at the everlasting pain in my body even after he stopped. The liquid turned blinding white. The creature sunk down. Please let it be dead, this must be a mistake! "Robe me." Said the high, cold voice behind the steam. Wormtail, sobbing and moaning, picked up the black robe from the ground and pulled it one handed over his master's head.

The man stepped out of the cauldron as he stared at us with a wicked smile.

Lord Voldemort is back.