Chapter 38

Surprise! Surprise! Well I had time so I wrote this last night. xD When I started writing this story I had this awesome scene in my head and it's one of the things that made me continue writing this story.

I'm still busy so I'll update when I get 110 votes and 60 comments. ;) And the last chapter should reach its goal too. :p

Hope you like this chapter. Keep reading.

*****
Chapter 38

I couldn't wait to see my dad. He'll be so proud of me, he'll probably throw me to the sky just like what Gavier did. Mrs. Wales said I could go tomorrow, and all I needed to bring was my ID to show the guards by the gate.

Tonight there would be another party for everyone who had joined the competition. It would be held in the biggest room in the academy since there were thousands who participated. Nessa and Ria was already preparing for it but the lazy me made me lie down on my bed to procrastinate.

Today was also my birthday. I didn't tell anyone though, not even Nessa and Ria knew. They would kill me for not telling them. But I really didn't like it when people fussed over me. Hope they forgive me.

"Another gift for you Clarissa. This is a big one." Ria handes me a gift-wrapped box. I exxitedly opened it and found a huge teddy bear.

After the competition I began recieving a lot of gifts from people I don't even know. There were hundreds of letters and most of them told me that I became their inspiration. It made my head thrice as big as it was now.

"Wow it's so cute!!" I cried but handed it to Nessa. "Here you can have this."

"What? Are you sure?" Nessa looked shocked.

"Yup." I nodded.

"What's up with you, giving away stuff? It makes me feel that you're going away." Ria frowned, looking at me as if trying to figure me out.

Because I am. When tomorrow comes, I will never see you guys again.

I jumped up from the bed and hugged them both. "I just want to thank you guys for being the best friends I never had." I forced my tears not to fall down. Now's really not the time to cry.

"You're our best friend too Clarissa and I love you." Sweet Nessa said to me, "Lucas told me how you helped him. I cannot thank you enough." She tightened her hold of me.

"Now I really feel you're leaving," Ria grumbled.

We all laughed. I told them to go to the party withought me since I wasn't ready yet and I have to stop these tears from coming out.

When they left, I couldn't help but let the tears out. I would miss them so much. In these few months, they made me feel that I belonged here, that they were my family. Even Mrs. Wales, Carlos, Gavier. . . I cried harder. I will miss him so much. I don't think I can bear the pain not seeing him ever again.

Goodbye.

I wiped my tears and covered my face with make-up. Surprised? Thanks to Nessa, she taught me the basics. I changed into a dark blue dress and combed my hair down. I've really become a lady now, my dad would really be surprised.

I was about to go when I remembered the necklace that dad gave me for my birthday. I rummaged through my stuff and found the box. The sight of the blue pendant made me sadly smile. There was something about this necklace that made me feel like I was missing something.

I put it on quickly and ran by the halls. I was about to go in when I saw Queen Elizabeth talking to Anastasia by the corner.

"You ungrateful, stupid child of mine. I told you to make that annoying girl lose the challenge but you failed." Queen Elizaberh glared at her child.