Chapter 45

Rosalind's POV

I stare wide eyed at the smiling doctor. I then look down at my belly slowly and whisper to myself, "I'm pregnant." I look up at Clayton to see tears in his eyes.

He stands up, walks over to me on the bed, and looks me in my blue eyes with his chocolate ones. He doesn't say anything as he starts to cry.

"I-I'm so sorry Rose."

"For getting me pregnant?" I ask. All I can think about is that.
He shakes his head no, "For abandoning you to find Nic. She's dead, I can see that now. God Rose, I hurt you."

As the words 'I hurt you' came out of his mouth he was full on drowning in tears. I felt his pain of him finally realizing his sister is dead and that he was being a jerk, but I was being bitchy too, I wouldn't try hard enough to help him with his loss.

"Clay, it's okay. I'm sorry too, I didn't try hard enough to help you. You lost your only family-" he cuts me off. "No, I didn't. You are my family," he pauses and looks at my belly. "Both of you."

The doctor then clears her throat, "Now, let's check up on that little one."

I slowly nod my head okay and lay down as I am shaking. Clayton notices how much this scares me as he grabs my hand in his and mind-links me,

'You'll be alright princess, you're never going to get hurt again, not even by me.'

The doctor then gets some gel stuff and starts an ultra sound. On a screen it shows a little shape of something that hasn't fully developed yet.

With werewolves, our babies start to develop a lot faster than human's so we are only pregnant for 5 months — half as long human's are.

The doctor then says, "Everything looks good so far."

Clayton then asks, "Can you print that out as a picture?"
I look at him while he is still crying.

The doctor says sure and soon she hands me a picture of what was on the screen. I examine it and then touch my hand on my belly.

"We're going to have our own pup." I say as I hand the picture to Clayton. He doesn't look at it as he lays it down on the bed next to me. He then leans down and wraps me in a hug.

His touch relaxed me and actually made me happy.

As Clay and I walk back to the pack house we talk about how we are going to tell everyone.

"Should we just wait and let them find out later?" I ask.

"No, you're parents are going to want to know right away." Clayton tells me.
"I don't know how to tell them." I say to him as we walk inside the pack house.

Clay mind-links me so the pack members don't over hear, 'How about we plan a big way to tell everyone? A party, or a dinner with everyone there, something like that.'

I'm surprised with how well Clayton is taking this. He really is excited if he wants to celebrate it. I smile at him before he says, "You go get some rest, it's getting late."

I raise an eyebrow at him, "I'm not tired, plus I haven't ate any dinner yet." I say as my stomach growls. Clay just turns around and walks away.

So he is going back to grieving and ignoring his pack and I?

I sigh and walk up stairs to Clayton's room nervously.