twenty two.

Her small soft hand is entangled with my calloused one while we walk down the hallway getting closer to my flat. The hallway is quiet besides the faint conversations and telly's from different rooms and her soft humming to The City, which makes me smile. After stepping inside the flat, Gia immediately untangles from me to put the record on, the song she previously was humming starts playing.
"Okay, ready?" Gia smiles as I walk over to her, handing her one of the two paper bags I had been holding.
"Of course," I grin before pecking her lips.
We get straight to it after setting everything out in the kitchen. Gia instructs me to whisk butter in with the sugar while she cracks eggs into a separate bowl. I laugh as she makes a disgusted face while doing so.
"Why do you hate eggs so much?"
"They're terrible, G," she frowns while I chuckle. I study her while she mixes them, taking in everything about her. From the way there were a few loose strands of hair from her plait framing her face, to her soft lips I wish I could run my finger over. She's beautiful.
"Now, we pour the eggs into, here."
I step back, allowing her to pour the eggs into my bowl. She instructs me through some more things, but I don't really pay attention to what she's saying, only how she looks when she says it. I try not to think about how much I want to explore every inch of her body with my hands or maybe even run my thumb over her lips. She took over my thoughts.
The dough is almost ready as she now opens the chocolate chips. Before she can pour some into the bowl, I take the bag and grab some, throwing them into my mouth.
"G, I want some!" She laughs while she tries to reach the bag that I'm now holding over my head.
"Okay, but, I need a kiss first."
"Fine," she groans.
"Rude," I chuckle before leaning over so our lips meet. The kiss starts out slow and we end up laughing into it as she comments how I taste like chocolate. Her tongue traces mine while I pick her up to set her onto the counter top. My hands run up her shirt while hers cup my face. In this moment I've never craved anything more but her. It's when my lips find her neck that there's a knock at the door.
"Fuck sake," I groan, pulling away.
"We'll continue this later," she giggles before planting one last kiss on me. When I look to see who it is my heart beats faster.
"I'm not answering it," I whisper as I walk back into the kitchen.
"Who is it?"
"My mum."
"George," Gia frowns, "Just answer it."
"Do you not understand how much I can not do that?" I groan while running a hand through my hair.
"Then I'll answer it."
"No!" I pull her back by her arm before she can leave the kitchen.
"Just stay put, I'll answer it," I sigh.
My mum has never been approving of any of my girlfriends, blatantly insulting them every time they were around. We stopped talking around the time Olivia and I were dating so I haven't dealt with her meeting one of my girlfriends in awhile, and I'm sure she assumed I was still with her.
"Mum?"
"George," she sighs, adjusting her purse on her shoulder.
"What brings you here?" I ask nervously.
"You're not going to invite me in?"
Her glare alone scares me.
"Right, sorry."
I step aside while she walks in, immediately scanning the place. I notice her hair is cut a little shorter than what I'm used to and she looks slightly older. She takes a seat on the sofa, luckily not seeing Gia when she passed by the kitchen. I wasn't even sure how I'd bring her up.
"Matthews mother and I ran into each other just the other day," she states, crossing her legs.
"Oh?"
"She began telling me how you're doing really well, with t-the-"
"Band, mum."
"Right, and we wanted to invite all of you guys over for dinner tonig-"
Our heads snap to the direction of the kitchen where a loud bang is heard. My heart beat quickens, Gia poking her head out from the doorway.
"Sorry, I dropped a baking sheet," she sheepishly smiles while my mother intently studies her.
"Um, mum, this is Gia," I quickly stand and motion for Gia to come over which she briefly hesitates to do.
"Excuse my messy self, I'm attempting to bake," she promptly holds out her hand that my mum shakes briefly while she continues to study her.
"You're American?"
"Yes, from Texas."
My mother hums in response as Gia smiles nervously.
"I was just telling George about having dinner tonight at Matthew's mums. You're welcome to come."
I raise an eyebrow, slightly impressed those words left my mums mouth, even if she had a straight face and was a little monotone. Gia steps back while my mum stands, adjusting her bag back onto her shoulder.
"Six o'clock, no later," she glares before heading for the door while I quickly follow behind to let her out.
"Six sharp."
After the front door shuts I let out a hefty sigh.
"She's scary," Gia mumbles from behind me.
"Even I'm scared of her."
I turn to see Gia walking back into the kitchen following behind her. My eyes scan her, wondering if it was a good idea to take her. Of course my thoughts get derailed and I think about how much I want to hug her from behind, planting soft kisses from her neck to-
"What are you thinking about?" She giggles.
"Nothing," I smirk, feeling as if she was reading my mind and I had just gotten caught. I don't know what it was, but lately I wanted to be all over her. She laughs again before sliding the baking sheet filled neatly with cookie dough balls into the oven. After she closes the oven, I pull her closer by her hand and plant a soft kiss on her mouth before I ask,
"Are we going to finish what we've started?"
•••
Kind of a filler chapter, but I'm back! :-)