XXII : Bickers and Teasings

"It's gone.." he smiled, "It's gone for good.."

"It is? But.. But I thought they said there was no cure?"

"It wasn't due to a cure."

"I don't.. I don't understand.."

"Say, do you believe in.." he stared far away into the clouds, "miracles?"

"You know, some things may seem impossible when they're actually aren't."

Like you being here right in this moment when I clearly remember you being gone for two months?

I stayed quiet and contemplated. Getting reminded of the past, my chest prickled and my eyes burned. It took me a lot of strength to say this with a huge knot forming in my throat,

"From what I've recently experienced," I cleared my throat, "I guess I have no choice but to believe in miracles.." I finished my sentence with a small laugh.

I took a glance at Jimin, who stayed quiet. It seemed like he wants to talk about something, get something off his chest, but then he canceled it and chose to keep it towards himself. Was it concerning his return he wanted to talk about? But then him deciding to hold it back might meant that he felt uncomfortable.

It seemed like life was giving him a second chance in everything. His parents were back together, his family's financial situations were fixed, his health was in a perfect state, and the chances of reaching his dreams were back on his path. It seemed like life was giving him a chance to be happy, and I don't plan on ruining it by reminding him of the ugly past.

"By the way," he suddenly said.

"You're acting like how you used to when I was sick. Haven't I told you, that I don't like it if you treat me as weak and ill?" he paused, "Just be comfortable and hit on me."

My eyes widened.

"Uh.. I meant, hit me."

I laughed at his mistake, "Damn son, you are a masochist."

"Kimochi, senpai~*" he responded.

"What the heck?" I cracked up and playfully slapped his arm.

I was kinda surprised and taken aback by what I've just done, but then he gave me a smile. A smile so warm that I can't resist but to smile back. I suddenly felt this urge to pull him into a hug, which I obeyed to.

"Jiminnie... Congratulations." I rested my chin on his shoulder, "I'll always be with you. Now don't worry about anything anymore and go for your dreams."

He stayed quiet and tightened his hold on me as I closed my eyes. We stayed like that for some moments. It felt warm and comforting. It felt like I belonged there. But then he suddenly pulled away and held my shoulders. His eyes glinted with something that I knew wasn't happiness nor assurance.

I wanted to ask why, I wanted him to just tell me everything, I wanted to be able to help. But then playing dumb for the sake of not ruining our moments is always an option.

He exhaled a long breath and threw his arm around my shoulders, "Now let's return, the boys would be worried if we stayed out too long!"

-

"I swear you guys would meet your doom if the word spreads out!" I threatened a pack of laughing boys.

"Gosh we shouldn't have forced Jinhee to dance." Namjoon was barely holding back his tears of laughter.

"I told you I can't dance!" I covered my face in embarrassment.

The sound of the dismissal bell ringing soon came to our ears, we almost cheered in chorus. The boys then packed their stuffs and got ready to leave the room.