Chapter 42

The truth will be revealed. Are you guys ready?

I'll update as soon as I get at least 110 votes and 50 comments. Please also try out my other books: 'My Devil Guardian and 'The Wild Search' You can read it while you wait for this story to update. ;)

Thank you guys for everything! xD

*****
Chapter 42 (Holy cow, how I managed to write this far, idk)

The moment I heard a knock at my door, I knew that it was Levi. It was time that I know the truth. I opened the door and let him in. He had a grim expression on his face as he handed me his laptop.

"Sorry it took me awhile to open the file. Whoever hid it was genius but I'm a genius enough to crack it."

"Of course you did. Thank you." I smiled up at him, which quite didn't reach my eyes.

"No need. Anything for you. I'll be outside when you need me. Just press play of the video and it will start."

I nodded and closed the door when he left. I quickly put the laptop on the table, unable to wait any longer and pressed play.

My dad appeared in the shot, he had longer hair then and his hair still had a bit of blonde streaks. He smiled in front of the camera as if knowing it was me.

"Hi darling I hope you are well." His voice rang in the empty room. I felt my heart tug, longing for him. I'm fine but how about you? Are you well? Please worry more about yourself.

"If you are watching this now then the circumstances isn't allowing me to meet you. But it's not too late for you to know." He looked more serious, his eyes looked straight at the camera, making me feel like he was looking straight to my soul.

"Clarissa what I'm about to reveal to you is my gruesome past. If it's too much then you can stop this video. Don't be compelled to listen to me because really I'm a bastard, you name it. I'm a demon."

I stopped breathing for a moment. What does that mean?

"Remember when I told you I was brought up in an orphanage. That was true except the orphanage was just a front. It's a training ground for assassins and our hideout. That's right. I'm an assassin. I'm trained to be one. I killed countless of people." His eyes were full of guilt and resentment, making my heart ache.

"I was hired by Queen Elizabeth and her husband to kill your parents. I thought it would be an easy job but it was so damn hard. I became your parents' close servant and  I could  have killed them in their sleep but I couldn't."

I began to cry at my dad's cruel fate. Why? Why does it have to be this way?

"How could I kill them? They were the most beautiful and kindest people I've ever met. They melted my hard heart and made me feel things I thought I was incapable of feeling. They even gave me a name. My name before had been 'X'. It was my nickname as an assassin too. We were never given names in the orphanage, just numbers and letters."

"Your parents hated the name 'X' and so they decided to call me Richard. I felt like I was reborn and  I had hope that I could get rid of this sinful life. That somehow helping your wonderful parents would atone for my heavy sins."

"But it was too late. By the time I realized this I had already given the castle's blueprints to Queen Elizabeth and she, with her evil husband had began forming a plan to infiltrate the palace. I was about to tell your father but I just couldn't. I've never seen them look so happy with you. When they had you, the whole castle rejoiced. That time you spoke for the first time and called your mom and dad. They were jubilant."

"So I fend off the enemies for a few months by myself. I conned Queen Elizabeth and told her false information. But this didn't go unnoticed, they figured out I was lying and thus tried to kill me. They infiltrated the castle with assassins but I was better than them. I killed them before they even stepped inside."

"But one day your father saw me and  I was stoned. My arm was bleeding as it had been slashed by a sword. Blood flowed down my own sword and it trailed on the ground, making a pool of blood."

"Who are you? Your father asked me and my knees weaken. I fell on the ground, on my knees as I confessed my sins. I betrayed him and his family. I put them in danger. I broke down and thought he would kill me but instead he brought me in his arms. He told me that I was like his son and that everything would be alright because he would take care of it."

"The next day he was gone. It made me panic so I trailed the tracks and  discovered that he had gone to King Edward's abode. I quickly came in to help but it had been too late. Your father had been stabbed by your uncle."

My hands fled to my mouth as I whimpered. Tears flowed at the sides of my eyes as I began to sob. How could they be so evil? What has my parents ever done to them? What have I ever done to them?

"But that wan't the worst part. King Edward told me that I did a good job. I could never forget the look in your father's eyes. He looked so betrayed. He trusted me but I failed him. I protested but King Edward just laughed it off. I charged at King Edward and managed to sashay his sword away from your father. I held him in my arms and cried. 'You have to believe me. You have to believe me. I didn't mean for any of this to happen.' I told him." My dad paused as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

"And your father who's so kind nodded. 'I believe you son. Now go save what's important to me.' His eyes closed with his last breath and I cried out. Slowly I put him on the ground and fled  out of the window. 'I had to save you and your mother,' I thought."

"But when I got back, the castle was in flames. Behind me was a myriad of soldiers and assassins and I realized that it was too late. I went to your mother and she had you in her arms. She screamed at me, asking me where your father was. I only looked on the floor as she wailed and broke down. It was tormenting to see and knowing that I had brought this upon them, hurts me. It hurts so fucking bad, so fucking bad." My dad cried, tears of sadness and agony flowed down his face.

I cried with him. Was it hard dad? Did it hurt that bad? I wish I could take away even an ounce of pain from what you've felt. I want to be with you right now and embrace you.

"A few minutes later your mother straightened herself up. She told me quickly what to do. She gave me a will that says that you will rise and show yourself at the age of eighteen. She made me promise to take care of you and that's what I did."

"Assassins and soldiers came, some had been my classmates from the so called orphanage. They took your mother's life away after I hid you in a closet. You didn't  utter a word because the queen told you not to. But when you saw me coming to you, you began to scream. I had to soothe you down before I took you away, leaving behind our loved ones and its memories."

"And that's. . .that's my story and your past. I won't even ask for forgiveness because what I've done is unforgivable. I don't think we'll ever see each other again. I'm proud of you Clarissa and I know your parents would be too. I hope that you'll always be well and I love you. I love you so much sweetheart. You were the best thing that has ever happened to me and I would die a happy man to know that you're in good hands and are happy. Thank you for accepting me in your life even though I don't deserve it." He smiled one last time and the video went black.

Still processing this overwhelming information, I went to my bed and curled in a fetus position. I felt cold as I cried. Cried my dreadful past away. Cried my shattered heart away. Cried my dad's pain away.

Dad where are you? I want to kiss your tears away and hug you. I miss you. I miss you so much it hurts.