Chapter 18

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. CRASH.

Mom is going to have to get me a new alarm clock again. Whoops. I sat up and looked in the mirror that was across the room.

You know how Anna looks when she wakes up in frozen? That is what I looked like right this instance.

It's kind of scary, which is perfect. Why? It's...

HALLOWEEN!

Happy dance.

Now, I fully plan on passing out candy at the door and being my introverted self. No way am I going to be an extrovert tonight.

Now that I think about it, there is absolutely no point in me being up right now. Might as well get some more Zs.

Slam!

I shot up and fell out of bed. What the...?

There he was.

Tom Hiddleston. He was standing there in all his baby blue eyed glory.

I wish.

It was just Derek, who was standing there with an evil smirk on his face.

Can I trade?

"I am throwing a party!" Him? Throw a party? Anymore jokes?
"Technically, the basketball team is throwing the party at one of their houses." I sighed in relief. I thought he was voluntarily inviting people over!

I looked at him with a 'why are you telling me this?' face. That's when I realized what the smirk was for.

No. No. No. No.

"CONGRATULATIONS CASEY! You are my plus one!" He yelled in glee. I heard clapping behind him and saw my mom laughing with Grant manically.

"It's not an option Case. Grant is staying at Brett's and I'm going out with Chance tonight. You are not being a hermit tonight." Mom said with a smirk.

Derek picked her up and swung her around like a kid and then turned back to me.

"Your mom's on my side." He proclaimed. I sighed and flopped on the bed.

"Great! I'll pick you up at 7!" He scurried out of the house and sped off.

Great. Now I have to get up.

I sat up and hopped to the bathroom. The floor is legitimate ice. I swear Grant has secret ice powers.

After, getting passed the icy floor, I plugged in my curling wand and curled the layers of my hair into perfection. Loki doesn't have perfect girls.

I slightly teased the hair so it looked a bit less girly. All of this took 2 1/2 freaking hours that I COULD'VE BEEN SLEEPING.

Next I worked on makeup. I did a smokey eye and added a little bit of green. I didn't put on lipstick because I didn't feel like it. A pathetic excuse, I know.

Once I was finished with all of that crap, I walked back to my room and started to get dressed.

Note to self: Don't forget to put on your pants BEFORE putting on shoes.

Crap.

When I finally learned how to dress better than a five year old, I slipped on my black wedge booties and got on my laptop.

I still had an hour to kill.

I got on my ASL learning program and started the next lesson. I've already progressed a lot in the past couple of days.

ASL is pretty easy to learn if you practice. I practiced for an hour before the doorbell went off.

I walked to the door carefully and swung it open. Derek stood there...dressed as Bucky.