Chapter 10

(Nate's POV)

"What do you mean you don't know what an Alpha is! Are you a moron!?" The old man screamed.

"Excuse me? Would you like to run that by me again Council member?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

He was grinding his teeth together but repeated what he said before but slower this time.

"Are.... You..... A ..... Moron?" He said in a threatening tone.

"You will watch your tone old man. I don't care what an Alpha is or isn't but you will speak to me with respect." I said to him. Taking a step towards him. I'm one for being nice but I will not be talked down to.

By now everyone who was in the room came out to see what was happening.

"You will control your son Alpha David." The old man said.

My father didn't even look the least bit worried about all this. He looked surprisingly calm.

"I will do no such thing. I'm a man of honor and respect. I stand by my son. I don't think you should've insulted him." He said crossing his arms and standing with his feet slightly apart. He was tense though. His body said it all for him.

"Listen to me you uneducated, little twat! We are in charge here and you will not speak to me like that. I give my respects to those who do and don't deserve it. You are not special. You are an outcast of our kind and I will not stand here and be associated with the likes of you!" He screamed while turning red.

"The likes of me? And what would that be? Because I didn't know the meaning of an Alpha?!" I shouted getting frustrated over this.

Gasp were heard from all around us but I paid no mind to this.

"You will treat the elders with respect mutt!" Some random guy said.

Looking at him closely I can see it was the guys from before who my father glared at.

"Mutt? The only dog I see here is you PUP." I said taking in his 5'11 height compared to my 6'4 height.

Everyone backed away and I swore I heard growling.

"Do you want to repeat that Everlast!?" He said shaking with rage.

I rolled my eyes at him not even scared of the dude. "Down boy." I said waving him off. It took about 3 guys to hold him back. Damn he must be strong for a little guy.

This time the old man spoke up again.

"You will back down boy, or so help me..."

"Or so help you what? What will you do to me? You are not above nor below me. As my father stated earlier I am a man of honor and respect. You will receive what you give. I may not know what an alpha is nor do I care. But you WILL NOT talk down to me as if I'm a child."

"Nathaniel, that is enough!" My father placed his hand on my shoulder relaxing me immediately.

"I came here to discuss the situation at hand. Not the status of my son or family for that matter. You will not involve my son in this. I brought him for one reason and one reason only. The Elder of this council asked me to present him. He is an old friend and I did it out of courtesy. I haven't been to a meeting in over 15 years. He is unfamiliar with our kind." With that a lot of words were exchanged.

"Trader! Spy! Outcast! Abomination! Disrespect! Etc..."

My father raised his hand to quiet it down.

"Please, your words do not affect me for I cant careless. I have not been an Alpha for a while nor has my son. He has not known that life nor will he ever. I came to say one thing and one thing only. That situation has affected me as well as you. They attacked my daughter the other day while she was out running with her other brothers. No I will not present her. I disposed of the body and that is that. My daughter is fine for she is an Everlast. But I want to be involved for my family is at stake." Everyone was as quiet as can be.

The man that my father was glaring at stepped forward.

"Alpha David. How could you do this? To us? We are all ONE family. How did you even prevent them from knowing? The change especially?" He asked hurt yet angrily.

"That is none of your concern. What I choose to do with my family is my business and my business only."

My father sighed and began to rub his face with his hands I can tell he was getting frustrated with this. I just wanted to go home.

I loosened my tie because all of a sudden it got to hot for my liking.

" Its time to leave. If you refuse to let me in on your plans or suggestions to stop the situation then I respect your decision and I will handle it myself. If you do choose to tell me I would be grateful. Now, if you excuse me we have other matters to attend to. Nathaniel."

I nodded at my father and followed right behind him.

People parted as they let us pass through. But before I walked out the door I turned around and looked at the old council member and the prick who chose to speak up by calling me a mutt.

"Disrespect me, my father, or my family again and you'll live to regret it. I'll make it my personal mission to slit your throats while you sleep."

Everyone shivered at my threat, and I knew I scared them. Good they should be scared. And if they think it's an empty threat they can try me. Like I said, I'm not to found of threats and being disrespected.

My father and I stepped inside the limo as the others came out to see if we actually left. The driver opened the door and we got in. Ignoring the glares of those people I decided to speak up.

"Well that was eventful." I say taking whine and pouring a glass for myself.

"I suppose it was. Although I'm not happy all this happened, and that you broke a rule. I am proud about how you handled it. And don't think I didn't hear that threat you made when we left" he said pouring himself some whine.

"It wasn't a threat. It was a promise." I said sipping on my whine.

"Yes, well it's not wise to threaten people like that. You could cause a lot of problems Nathaniel." He said crossing his legs, and looking at me.

"Dad what's going on? What's all that about? And why'd you tell them about Eva and the wolf? Why do they care? And what did they mean 'our kind' ? " I said trying to figure this all out.

"One day this will all make sense. But I fear that day may be soon" he said closing his eyes and rubbing his head.

"I want answers Dad." I said getting tired of the secrets.

"As do I, Nathaniel. As do I." He said looking out the window.

Deciding not to answer him, I closed my eyes and sighed. Today was a really long day.