Halloween Drabble

I know it's not a chapter, but I asked on my twitter which couple people wanted to read a drabble from: Hazzy (Adore/Mint) or Nevie (Stay), and the general consensus was for Hazzy. 

So since I've been terrible at writing a chapter, here's yet another drabble. Enjoy! (It's not my best writing, but I hope you enjoy it just the same...) 

-

That time Harry and Izzy go to a Halloween Carnival and get scared. 

---

It was bad enough that Izzy had forced Harry into wearing this ridiculous costume, it was another thing that she made him attend this carnival. It was in Bath, a two hour train ride from their London flat. It was a long commute, one that Harry could have done without.

He tugged on his white t-shirt, readjusting his leather jacket. Izzy's hand was holding tightly to his own as he dragged him closer to the haunted mansion.

There was a line. It stretched across the open pavement, lining down, until it reached a cotton candy stand across the way. Izzy led them towards the end. Harry was grumbling under his breath, already counting down the hours until they were back in their hotel. Only a few more until he could peel of the leather pants from Izzy's legs... leather pants that had been taunting him all night long. He already knew that his girlfriend was beautiful, but fuck - she was looking extra sexy tonight.

"This line is too fucking long. Let's go home, baby," He whispered into her ear.

His hands rested hotly on her waist, his fingers digging in the skin. He pulled her closer to his chest. Harry moved his hands from her hips, to the base of her stomach. The cotton of her t-shirt covered his wandering fingers.

"Harry. Not here," Izzy warned her frisky boyfriend. They were in public, and as much as she wanted him (because really, when did she not want him), she couldn't here.

"Let's go-o-o," he whined, his head burying deeper into her neck. "Baby...."

Izzy sighed. Her head resting back on his chest. Before she could change her mind, the line began to move. "Oh look, we're moving."

&&

"This isn't funny," Harry snarled. It was dark. Pitch black. Even if he held his hand in front of his face, he knew that he wouldn't be able to see it.

There were sounds. A chainsaw. Screaming. It was a screech - a pitch so loud that he felt his body jump.

"What the fuck was that?"

Izzy didn't know, nor did she care. All that she cared about was getting through this haunted house alive.

Maybe it was weird. Maybe it was twisted. But Izzy loved being scared. It was one of her favourite parts of Halloween. She didn't enjoy being scared by spiders - that was the exception, but haunted houses, horror films - those were her favourite. Yet as she stumbled through this home, she questioned why she loved this in the first place.

"I'm sorry," she screeched, the Michael Myers look alike that roamed the home scaring her right out of her skin.

Her fingers dug into Harry's bicep. He grumbled louder as they slowly walked through the place.

"You need to go faster," Izzy screamed out. The tiny child dressed as a clown popped out from behind a glass door, scaring her out of her skin.

"You know, I usually love it when you scream that in my ear, but right now? You need to stop. I'm going to have a fucking hernia," he replied. He held onto Izzy's hands, wrapping her closer to his side.

They turned the corner. A man jumped out, a plastic knife in his hand. "Bloody hell," Harry picked up the pace, walking quickly through the living room and towards the open door.

They were led towards a makeshift outside. Green trees lined the pavement. It looked like they were almost through, but you could never be too certain with these haunted houses. Harry knew for a fact that he was ready to be done with this. There was so much his heart could handle.

"Right through here," she pointed to the opening. It was so close, yet so far away.

Holding on to his girl's hand, he led them through the mirror maze. Screams could be heard around them, but it didn't stop them from walking through the maze.

The end was near.

Michael Myers, after Michael Myers, after Michael Myers jumped out from behind the mirror, thrusting their fake, blood soaked knives at any passer-by.

"That's it! We're getting out of here. You don't fucking scare me you twat." He was annoyed, and completely over it. Pushing through the actor, he led Izzy through the dimly lit room and towards the exit.

When they were finally outside, he let out a jagged breath. That was the last time he would ever agree to a haunted house ever again. He didn't care if she gave him her best puppy dog eyes, and promises of new lingerie - Harry was not going to put himself through that ever again.

They were quiet. Their chests moving rapidly as they fought to catch their breath. Izzy stared at Harry, surprised by how he took the whole experience. Never did she expect that kind of reaction from her usually blasé boyfriend.

It surprised them both. It was loud. Izzy covered her mouth quickly, her eyes widening out of shock. She didn't mean to laugh, but she couldn't help it.

"Are you laughing at me?" Harry stared at her, dumbfounded. She was quick to shake her head no, but they both knew she was lying. There was no secret - she was one hundred and ten percent laughing at him.

"I'm sorry," she giggled, a playful grin plastered itself across her red stained lips. "I didn't mean to."

"You're laughing at me." His mouth hung slack, unamused.

Izzy tried her best to settle her giggles, but they only grew louder. "It's just -" she paused, catching her breath. "I've never seen you react that way before! You were actually freaking out."

He was quick to shake his head no, "No I wasn't scared," he replied tightly.

"You were!" She laughed even more. "I've never seen you like that before. Oh my god! I hope they have hidden cameras. I want a copy of that. We can play it at Christmas. It'll make for some great entertainment."

"Enough, Isabella," he snarled. "We're never speaking of this again."

He pulled her to his side, his arm holding her tight. She pinched his cheek, giggling downcast frown. "Oh come on, Harry. It's not that big of a deal. Guys get scared all the time."

"Enough, Isabella."

She squeezed his hands and leaned into his side. "I think it's cute that you got scared."

He sighed. "Fine. I was scared a little bit. Can we drop it now?"

She stood on her tippy toes, kissing his cheek sweetly. "Okay... my big scaredy cat."

"You owe me."

"What? Why?"

"For making me go to this," he explained. "You owe me for dragging me to this damn carnival. You owe me."

She knew better to argue about this because even though she knew that Harry secretly enjoyed himself, she wanted to pay him back for it. The black laced two piece that she bought especially for tonight would be payment enough.

"Alright you big baby. Let's go," she playfully teased. "Happy Halloween, babe."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah..."

"Just say Happy Halloween back, you big goof."

Harry groaned, grumbling under his breath. "Fine. Happy Halloween." And even though he grumbled and whined all the way back to their hotel, he had fun tonight. But he'd never admit it. And even though he never would, she knew. She knew that he had fun deep down, and because of that she was already planning their next years Halloween activity: Two Haunted houses and a Halloween movie marathon.

She couldn't wait.