Steve Rogers- Escape

[I don't know what this is. I don't know. I read a creepy story and this is the result. If it's too much just skip it soo yeah. It may be confusing cause it's like 2am. Also it's kinda dark I guess.]

The amount of blood alone had been enough to make your knees weaken. But after the corpses, you had to exit the building to take a calming breath and try not to vomit in the bushes at the thought of them.

"(Y/n)," You turn and find Steve walking towards you. He stops by your side and scans the trees sharply. "They think whoever could've done all of.. that, is still out there. Was halfway through a body when he fled. Tracks led to the woods but they go for miles,"

You nod firmly, pushing yourself up and dust off your pants. "He must have a safe house somewhere near by. Underground, maybe?"

"That's what we're guessing," Steve peers at your from the corner of his eye and sighs like he's about to deliver some bad news. "We need you to take a look,"

You sniff, head shaking. "I am not going inside that psychopaths head, Steve. I can't,"

Steve nods, keeps his arms crossed and doesn't speak for a minuet or two. "More people will die if he's still on the loose-"

"We'll catch him,"

"We need to catch him now,"

You huff, anger simmering in your bones as you turn to him. "Do you know what you're asking me to do?"

He nods. "I do, and I'm 100% against it, but Fury's made it clear that he wants this done,"

The anger drops to panic as you gaze back at the building. It's windows are all clean and perfect, walls shiny and painted neatly. The outside is perfect but the inside is what's terrifying. Just like the killer. Just like all of the killers.

"I'll know what he's thinking," You sit on the large boulder you had been occupying before and frown. "What he's feeling. It'll be like.. I'm him,"

Steve remains silent and so you sigh, jutting out your hands for the object you know he's holding and jump when he places a scalpel in your hand.

"It's his favorite tool," he says, stepping away guiltily.

You gulp down the rising bile and force yourself to focus on the object. It's surface, it's shape, it's weight. Your hands roam the smooth metal until suddenly it's like you're being sucked out of your body and shoved in another. Into the Killers mind and body.

They found me they found me- THEY FOUND ME- I cannot keep still as my hands wander and scratch at the walls of the small dirt room. Dirt walls, dirt floors, dirt windows. Dirt dirt dirt.

How could I have been so foolish- SLIPPING UP AND LETTING THEM RUIN MY PLANS. I scramble to the window and look outside past the blinds and look around wildly. Nothing out of the ordinary except for the haunting figures shifting in the shadows, just waiting- waiting for me to show any sign of weakness and- ATTACK.

They're close; too close and I almost got caught- SO FOOLISH- how could I have been so- STUPID- careless. I back away from the window, eyes bouncing from each corner until suddenly there's a crack behind and I whirl around and- THEY'RE HERE- the face of the girl I had just killed joins the pack of bodies. Bodies I had stung up and sliced and severed and ripped and skinned and- HOW COULD YOU HAVE BEEN SO FOOLISH.

"(Y/n)!"

Then you're gone from the dirt room. You're out in the open, sitting on the boulder with the scalpel inches from your forehead and you gasp. Steve's hand in around your wrist preventing you from harming yourself .

"Drop it!" He shouts. "Drop the scalpel!"

And so you do and push him away, fear and disgust and nausea- HOW COULD YOU BE SO HELPLESS- rising in your chest and as you slide to the floor and gag and throw up until you're dry heaving and- WORTHLESS- choking.

"No nono!" You cry and grab your head, trying to block out the voices and remain in silence but it's all too much and- YOU'RE A FAILURE- you scream. "Get out of my head!"

"(Y/n), please, listen to me," Steve crouches down in from of you to get your attention and it does. But not he way he had hoped as you jump out, grabbing the scalpel from his hand and hold it to his neck.

"This is all your fault!" You shout, eyes wide and crazy and- YOU'RE INSANE- your moves are deranged as you lean down and growl. "Look at what you've made me into-"

A dart pierces your neck and your body slumps, weapon leaving his neck as you drop against Steve's chest. He's quick to lay you on the ground, jumping to his feeling and backing away.

"I told you this would happen," Steve tries to catch his breath as he turns to Natasha, who's wearing the same grim expression as he does. "I never should've listen to Fury,"
___

You wake up alone in a cell, walls transparent but no doors- LOCKED UP LIKE AN ANIMAL- and a tray of food and water by your bed. You don't touch the food or water but grab the spoon, the only utensil and stand.

THEY'RE WATCHING YOU- You use the spoon to bash agains the walls but it shatters- JUST LIKE YOU- only after the first strike. The spoon is in pieces on the ground and you stare down at the shards. It's a mystery as to why you're being held prisoner- ESCAPE ESCAPE ESCAPE- but you're determined to know why.

It's dead quiet and there's no sound other than your feet padding against the tile. As you had thought before your imprisonment, about wanting silence, you realize now that- YOU'RE NEVER GETTING OUT OF HERE- quiet is violent. And boy, is it getting hard it hide it.