Chapter Nine: You're Undead to Me Part II

"It's just I can't believe him," Elena fumed as she and Holly walked home later that evening after Stefan and Elena disastrous meeting. Holly had been looking at them while filling out the Grill's job application, she noticed that they hadn't even lasted five seconds before Elena had stormed through the door.

Holly had seen that an old man had stopped them, telling Stefan that he had meet him before, a long time ago, insisting that he had, but Stefan had just brushed him off with a nervous expression.

"First he shows up almost an hour late, and then he won't give me a good reason!" Elena pushed back a stray piece of dark hair. "It's like he's afraid and not willing to tell me something."

"Maybe he has a good reason," Holly protested weakly, knowing it was falling on deaf ears. She loved her sister, but she really didn't want to hear about her love life, in fact she grew uncomfortable talking or discussing her own love life or the love life of other people. She was like a damn thirteen year old.

Elena narrowed her eyes as they reached the house. "And what reason could that possibly be?"

Holly sighed as she entered her house. "I really don't know, Elena." She found an interesting smell coming from the kitchen. "Wow, something smells really good."

"But Jenna said that she was going out tonight."

"Maybe she changed her mind."

The two girls headed towards the kitchen and found Stefan making chicken parmesan, Elena's favorite dish. "Stefan, how did you get here so fast? What are you doing here?"

"I came to apologize," Stefan said. "Jeremy told me that you love Italian food and I thought I should make it up to you."

Stefan and Elena continue staring at each other. Holly cleared her throat. "I'm going upstairs to study. Have fun." Holly practically ran up the stairs.

Once she was gone, Elena folded her arms across her chest. "I don't know what you are trying to accomplish."

"Elena, I know I haven't been the best boyfriend, lately and if you want to dump me fine, but I think if you're going to dump me you should at least know about Katherine."

"Stefan, you don't-"

"I'm going to tell you everything about Katherine. The girl that me . . . and Damon loved."

The next morning, Holly was standing in the middle of the Mystic Falls high school parking lot trying to not look out of place among the other dozens of students in their swimwear. She smiled slightly as she watched Elena and Stefan flirting close by, apparently they had gotten over their differences.

"Holly, hello?" Caroline barked, annoyed. She was wearing a pretty red swimsuit and her blond hair was in a ponytail. She was holding her clipboard tightly and looked like she wanted to smack Holly across the head with it. "Where's your swimsuit?"

Holly pulled up her thin, white cover up to expose her dark blue swimsuit. "Here."

"Remove that cover up. This is a sexy suds car wash not church," she ignored Holly's annoyed look. "Here." She handed her a key. "It's for the money box. You and Elena will be working money, and make sure they pay every last cent."

"Here's your change," Elena said as she handed a woman back a five dollar bill. She turned back to Holly. "You're working the money too?"

"Yep." Holly said as she slid into her chair. "Apparently, Caroline thinks that twins make some kind of selling point or something."

Holly looked across the parking lot. She would be starting her new job soon and hopefully life would stop looking depressing.

"That will be $20, hey I saw you last night at the Grill. You thought you knew my boyfriend, Stefan Salvatore." Holly looked at Elena and saw that she was speaking to a man who was at least sixty.

The man grunted. "I thought I knew him, it must be my mind playing tricks on me. There was a guy that looked surprisingly liked him back in the fifties. Didn't know of him until his uncle Joseph got killed back in June 1953. It was him and another fellow also a Salvatore-"

"Damon?" Holly blurted out before she could stop herself.

The man nodded. "Yes, Damon and Stefan Salvatore."

Holly and Elena exchanged glances as the man left. The strange look never left Elena's face as she suddenly stood up. "I need to go."

Holly was confused. "Where are you going?"

"I need to talk to Logan. Logan Fell from the news." She said quickly. "I'll be back, mind the money box. Please, Holly?"

Caroline blinked as she looked around. She was in a basement. In Stefan's house. What was she doing here? She honestly couldn't remember. All that was vivid in her mind was that no matter how much she wanted to shut it out, Damon's voice kept taunting her, telling her to come.

She opened the cell door and found Damon in a crouched position. "Damon?" she choked out. "How did I knew you were here? How were you able to get inside my head? Why can't I remember some things?"

"Before you were on vervain I compelled you, you will remember what I want you to remember," Damon grunted as he sat up. "I used my last strength to contact you, Blondie so you better not mess up. Keep the door open."

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Zach screamed at Caroline as Damon used whatever vampire speed he had left to push him against the wall and bite into his neck. Caroline shrieked as she hurried out the door. Damon paid no attention to her as he drank every last bit of Zach's blood, until he limped on the floor, dead.

"I told you, you shouldn't mess with me." Damon scoffed as he wiped the blood from his mouth.

Where was Caroline? Holly looked around the parking lot. Elena had never returned, so Holly had been in charge of the money box by herself. The last car had been washed and Matt, Bonnie, and a few other students had stayed behind to clean up.

"My car!" a girl suddenly shrieked and Holly gaped as she saw a blue car burst into flames. While the rest of the students were panicking, Holly saw an unusual scenario. Bonnie was standing in what seemed like a trance. Was she causing the car to burn?

Holly ran towards her and pushed her shoulder gently. "Bonnie, snap out of it!"

Bonnie's eyes flew open, the flames stopped almost immediately. She looked back at Holly with frightened eyes. "Did I do that?"

Holly hesitated. "Well, yes I think so, but its ok, Bonnie-"

"No, I'm not ok," Bonnie whimpered. "And neither are you."

"What do you mean?"

Bonnie tried not to scoff. "Don't play dumb with me, Holly. You might be able to fool Elena, but you're not fooling me," she lowered her voice. "I've seen you, I pay attention to you. Ever since you came back, you're not yourself. You're seeing things, having strange visions, doing things with your mind . . . just like me."

Holly shook her head, her voice dry. "I told you, it's nothing Bonnie . . . it can't be anything. Could it?"

The door of Sheila Bennett's house opened and she seemed surprised to see Holly and Bonnie. "Girls, what are you doing here, it's late?"

"Mrs. Bennett, we need to speak to you," Holly squeezed Bonnie's shoulder. "Something's wrong."

"I don't know what's happening to me, grams." Bonnie choked out. "Or to Holly."

Sheila softened as she opened the door. "I know, dear. Come on in, it's going to be a long night."

A/N- I would like to thank you guys for the wonderful reviews on both Gilbert Twins books! Don't forget to vote!! Also you guys can follow me and tell me your ideas for this book and future books!

~XxStone_ColdxX