Home

CHAPTER 31: HOME

Mystic Falls Cemetery

Natalie hated being dead. Sure, she had technically been dead for over a year (2000 years if you wanted to get really technical), but standing on the other side sucked. Especially seeing as the moment she touched Bonnie and passed on, she was transported to Mystic Falls without knowing where anybody was. 

As if that wasn't terrible enough, she was stuck with hearing voices in her head. She knew what those voices meant, unfortunately, seeing as hers was a reoccurring one. The other ones were recognizable, Stefan's (probably Silas), Elena's (most likely Amara's and/or Tatia's), Kol's, Rebekah's, Klaus's, Finn's, a little boy she guessed was Henrik Mikaelson, Mikael's and Esther's. 

"Always and forever." 

"I love you."

"Where have you been?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Are you alright?"

"Talia."

"Natalia."

She groaned to herself as slid down the back of a tree, leaning against it as she tried to calm herself. She was already worried about not coming back from dead, she didn't need the voices as well. Even worse was when she had the visions, when she saw scenes from her previous lives, especially when there were two of them, and they interrupted one another. "Oh, not again."

Natalia sighed as she walked through the village. None of the Mikaelsons had been in contact with her since they saw a dead Henrik in Niklaus's arms. One could not even imagine her joy when she saw Kol walking down towards her. "Kol! Thank the gods. Where have you been? I've been worried sick."

Suddenly the image shifted to Talia sitting on a stone stubbornly as Silas walked up behind her, a guilty expression on his face as he looked after her. She knew he was behind her but she didn't turn to meet his gaze. "Leave. I am not in the mood to converse, especially not with you."

Suddenly the two images morphed together to Kol grabbing her in his arms as Silas placed himself next to another her on the stone. Both of them spoke simultaneously. "I'm sorry. I love you."

"Looks like you finally got yourself killed, huh?" a familiar voice asked as he looked down on her, a smirk on his face. He was surprised when she quickly threw her arms around him. He had not expected such a warm greeting. "It's not Stefan, you know that?"

"As much as I hate to admit it, I do," she whispered with her chin on his shoulder. Yes, she was well aware that it was Silas, but right now, it was kind of nice to see her.  "In any of my lives, I don't think I've ever been so happy to see you."

He smiled as he pulled away from her embrace. "Thank you for the warm greeting, Talia. It was quite welcoming. Still, consider me confused. Because I'm pretty sure you hated me in your, last life, I guess."

She bit her lip at the mention of the life she had in Mystic Falls with her friends being her previous life, her last one. She was dead and she didn't have a life anymore. "Yeah, I know. Stupid thing about being a dead reincarnation is the whole your memories come back thing. It's been so weird to see you not be an asshole."

"I'm going to ignore the obvious insult and just act happy about the fact that your memories are back." Silas smiled at her. She couldn't help but smile back, but when he started leaning closer to her, she wasn't all too happy. 

"Woah there, big boy. Just because I've gotten my memories back doesn't mean that I'm miraculously in love with you, sorry. I'm not that girl anymore," she pointed out as she dodged his obvious attempt at a kiss.