Yellow Ledbetter

CHAPTER 33: YELLOW LEDBETTER

Mystic Falls, Four Months Earlier

The white light that had surrounded Natalie, Damon and Bonnie faded only for them to find that the night sky they had seen only moments before had become so much lighter. They were in the exact same place as when they had been ready to be sucked into the void. Weirdly enough, they were in Mystic Falls, only nobody else was there. 

Damon glanced down at his hand that was still holding Natalie's and quickly pulled away, seeing as they had no reason to hold hands anymore, causing a chain reaction for Natalie to release Bonnie's "Huh. That got awkward fast."

"What's going on? Where the hell are we?" the taller of the two girls there asked, because she couldn't believe that everybody else had just disappeared for them to have Mystic Falls for themselves. 

Bonnie didn't answer as she just started walking, Natalie and Damon exchanged looks in confusion, wondering where she was going. Even when they called her name what seemed like a hundred times she didn't acknowledge them. 

Natalie rolled her eyes before human-running over to catch up with her, Damon hot on her trail. They caught up with her while she was in the middle of the street, and no matter what they wanted to believe, they were still in Mystic Falls. 

Damon decided that it was time to check if the whole anti-magic spell the travelers had put on the town was still happening or not, putting on his best vamp face, feeling his teeth. "Well, I feel a fang." He turned to Natalie with raised eyebrows. "You?"

She did the same, feeling the not only one fang, but two, luckily. It was still a bit weird for her to feel the vampire-face, especially seeing as she rarely pulled it out, mostly only when she drank blood. "I feel two. So, we're vampires. Either we're dead-er vampires than we were before or the spell failed or something right after the whole walk into the light ordeal."

"Look," Bonnie commanded, and for the first time in a while, she acknowledged their presence. Her companions looked at her in confusion before following her gaze to a sight that definitely shouldn't be there.

"I definitely blew that up about an hour ago," Damon pointed out as he took a step closer to the famous Mystic Grill. It had been in pieces last time Natalie saw it. Mystic Falls had a few talents, but she didn't think even they would be able to put everything back together that quickly. 

Bonnie had another question that she knew nobody there had the answer to, mostly because there were almost nobody there. "Why don't we see any people? If we're still on the Other Side we should at least be able to see the living."

The trio looked around, trying to find some kind of sign of humanity, but they couldn't, there was nobody there. Still, it looked just like Mystic Falls, but something felt so weird about it, so Damon voiced their confusion. "Where the hell are we? And I don't mean geographically."

"I have no idea," Natalie responded. 

▹▹▹

They had no choice but to look for anybody but themselves. Damon had his leather jacket thrown over his shoulder in a rare moment of not wearing it as Bonnie and Natalie wrapped their jackets around their waists. It was much warmer than it was before they had been trapped in that weird light. 

Doing the same thing for a few hours seemed to be taking its toll on Damon as he groaned, wanting answers but not really wanting to work for them. "How many more streets are we going to wander?"

"How many times are you going to ask me questions I don't have the answers to? Huh?" Bonnie retorted, sending him a glare. She was getting pretty sick of him already, and they hadn't even been there a day.