Chapter Thirteen: Haunted Part I

Holly wasn't in her house. She was at the Salvatore house. What was she doing there? She felt her legs move as she walked towards the living room, even though she didn't want too.

You failed us, a voice hissed in her ear.

You're their friend.

Kill them!

The death of all of us.

An embarrassment to witches!

What do you want me to do?

Kill them!

Holly shrieked as she went into the living room and saw Damon and Stefan with stake s through their hearts. Their faces gray. Motionless. Dead.

Holly's eyes opened as she rubbed them tiredly. She felt as if she didn't get enough sleep, which really was no surprise anymore. Again with those horrible, stupid dreams. No, messages from the spirits, the dead witches that were roaming on the Other Side, bored and probably torturing her was their only form of entertainment.

She had thought that after she had accepted the fact that she was a witch they would stop pestering her and move on. Apparently not.

The worst part was that she didn't know what those dreams meant. What they were trying to tell her. First her dead family and now a dead Damon and Stefan. What could they possibly mean?

She had no time to deal with that, however. She needed to dead with the Vicki situation. Or at least attempt to help.

Elena was still too freaked out about the vampire-witches thing that Holly didn't want to bring her into this and Holly didn't trust Damon.

Holly had never liked Vicki, but that didn't mean she wanted to see her dead either.

She put up her hair into a ponytail and put on a skirt and a cardigan and headed downstairs.

Elena and Jeremy were already at the breakfast table.

"Morning."

"Morning." Jeremy grinned as he practically scarfed down his cereal.

"Careful, don't choke." Holly said amused, momentarily forgetting how tired she sounded. "What's the hurry? Excited for Algebra?"

"Hardly." Jeremy snorted. "I'm going to the police station. They are organizing a search party for Vicki, she never came home and I want to help."

Elena and Holly exchanged looks. "Jeremy, that's not such a good idea." Elena said. "The police can take care of her. Besides, you shouldn't miss school."

"How is school even important?" Jeremy announced. "This is Vicki that we're talking about. I don't need another lecture from Little Miss Perfect. Later."

Elena sighed as she watched Jeremy grab his backpack and head out the door. Elena turned to Holly. "Do I act like a Little Miss Perfect?"

"No," Holly lied. Though she had to agree that to some extent Jeremy was right. Even when they were children Elena always seemed to excel more than Holly and everything was easier for her, even their parents had trusted her more. Holly for the most part was shy (at least most of the time), awkward, and not very good at making friends. Someone with her head in the clouds.

"Are you ok? You look tired."

Holly forced a smile. "I'm fine." She opened her mouth to tell Elena about the nightmare, but she shook her head. There was no way that Elena would understand. "I'm going to leave early, I have, uh to return a book. See you later."

"You're kidding me right, with the whole bunny diet?" Damon raised an eyebrow as Stefan handed a newly turned Vicki a cup of coffee mixed with rabbit blood. "She needs human blood Stefan, not the Easter bunny."

Stefan gave an impatient sigh. "It's better that she starts controlling her hunger with small steps, Damon."

"Whatever. Your funeral." The doorbell rang and Damon answered it. It was Holly. "Well, good morning to you Little Miss Sunshine. Early today, aren't you?"

Holly ignored him. "Is Stefan here? How's Vicki?"

"They are old pals and yes, they are great. We were about to start karaoke, want to join us?"

Holly looked at him disgusted. "Do you honestly think this is funny? You just killed and turned an innocent person and you're acting like it's nothing. How can you be so arrogant and selfish?"

"And how could you be so stupid to call a vampire selfish and arrogant? I can kill you, you know Matilda, rip your neck open and drag your body to the woods."

Holly narrowed her eyes at him, trying to avoid the chill going down her spine. "If you wanted me dead, I would be dead."

"Yes, you would."

"But I'm not."

"And don't mistake that act for kindness," Damon shrugged as he opened the door so that she could get out. "I'm just waiting for you to trip on your own two clumsy feet from the stairs and die a horrible, tragic death."

Holly smirked at him. "Funny."

"Hey, Holly what are you doing here?" Stefan asked as he approached her. He looked over her shoulder. "Elena, isn't with you, is she?"

She shook her head. "She's at school. I didn't want her to get caught up with this. With the witch thing . . . I mean it still new to her. How's Vicki doing?"

Stefan lowered his voice. "It hasn't been easy, she's a drug user and that complicates things to say the least, but we're working on it. It's going to take some time. She's going to stay with us, until we'll figure what to do with her."

"Or we can throw her body into the river." Damon suggested cheerfully.

Holly and Stefan glared at him and he rolled his eyes. "You two are so sensitive."

Holly looked at her watch. Crap, she was going to be late. She grabbed her book bag. "I need to get to school, I'll come back to check on her later." She walked towards the exit and saw that Damon was blocking the door. He wiggled the car keys in her face. "Looking for these?"

Holly frowned. "How did you get my keys?"

"It's called, you have a short attention span." Damon replied as he put on his leather jacket. "Come on, I'll take you to school."

Holly raised an eyebrow as she exited the boardinghouse. "I really don't have a choice in the matter, do I?"

Holly closed the door of the passenger seat and when she noticed that Damon wasn't getting out, she said through the window. "Get out."

Damon got out of the driver's seat. "Not even a thank you, rude much?"

"It's my car, you stole my keys and you insisted on driving me here, so no, no thank you." She raised her palm. "Keys?"

Damon reluctantly handed her the keys. "Hey," he looked at her curiously. He hadn't noticed before, but her face looked pale and there were dark circles under her eyes. "You've been having those nightmares again."

Holly flushed as she shook her head. "No, of course not. Bye, Damon."

Damon grasped her wrist and forced her to look at him. There was something strange in the way that he was looking at her almost with concern. "Ask the other Bennett witch what the deal is. I've known hundreds of witches, Holly and your nightmares and your strange little visions, they're not normal."

She nodded as she pulled away. "Don't worry, I'll ask Bonnie."