Mad

Count one, two, three... count eight, nine, ten... I wasn't sure if I was counting in my own mind to calm my heartbeat and nerves or counting for the game. Count eleven, twelve... the foggy hot breath escaping my mouth whispered to me. Ready or not here he comes? My mind snapped at me and I quickly pushed my back on the tree close by. I tried to breath calmly, but something inside of me was so scared. But why was I scared, it was only a game... or was it? What if I am scared that he will actually get me and consume me one more time. One, two, three... and all of the sudden my whole moves, all of my thoughts will be reflection of his own mind.
  And while thinking of it I felt how his hot breath tickled my neck making me freeze at my spot.
"I found you, little lamb." His voice was seductive, sending chills all over my spine. And before I knew it he placed his lips on my cheek, stealing all of my attention for himself.
   I was twisted between what's right and what's wrong. Counting in my head to shut the loud noise my heart was making didn't help when I felt his fingers tangle with mine.
"Come on now, Daniels. The others are waiting." And with that he pulled me from my hiding spot. Without a word I followed, fighting with myself if I should let go of his hand or enjoy the moment.
  Just as he said the others were waiting, giving us smirks as if we had done something back there. I quickly pulled my hand away from his, causing him to turn around and look at me with question in his eyes.
"I-I must go... excuse me." And like that I went to get my purse from the seat I was sitting on.
"I'll walk you home." His voice came from behind, knowing I wasn't going to apparate straight home.
I thought it would be rude to refuse to his offer in front of his whole family, so I nodded and we apparated to the bakery near my house.
  After walking in complete silence for few minutes he decided to break it.
"Are you alright, did something happen?" I could sense in his tone that he was worried, so I quickly smiled to hide all doubts.
"Of course, what makes you think that? Everything was wonderful." My words made him stop and turn towards me. Quickly, I took a step away, still keeping my smile on my face.
"You think everything was wonderful?" I chuckled and answered with an yes, but he insisted on asking one more time. "Everything?"
"What do you have in mind, Fred?" I knew very well, but I decided to play dull.
  The next moment I felt his hand grabbing mine, pulling me towards him. I opened my mouth with a gasp, and he took the opportunity to place his lips on mine. My eyes widened from shock, while my heart melted from happiness.
"This." His breath hit my lips as he spoke when he pulled his lips away from mine. His forehead rested on mine and we both stared at each other without any more words to add. "Paige, I am madly and uncontrollably in love with you. I have no idea what you've done to me, Daniels, but I can't stop thinking of you, I can't stop seeing you around even if you aren't there or search for excuses to meet you." He chuckled softly as he pulled away and smiled down at me sweetly. "What have you done to me, Daniels?"
I stared in his hazel eyes, feeling how my cheeks burned, but suddenly my smile dropped down.
"I'm with William." I whispered that more to myself than him. His smile faded away as well.
  Without another word said we continued to walk, until we reached my front door. He leaned down and pecked my forehead and before I could say something he apparated. Did I just let the person who was meant for me go?