⎡8⎦

❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖

The next morning when I got up, I checked out my cut in the mirror. It didn't look too awful. It had scabbed over and was a bit tender when I touched it, but it would be gone within the next few days. Sighing, I got ready and made my way down to the Great Hall. Walking to the Slytherin table and I quickly found the platinum blond head I was looking for. I slid into the seat next to him.

"Good morning-" 

I didn't get to finish my sentence as Draco pulled me into a long hug. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Draco?"

He whispered in my ear, 

"Don't scare me like that Hazel" 

I wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm okay Draco. Honestly."

"But I'm not. I don't want anything happening to you."

We pulled away and our faces were very close together. I looked into his gray eyes as he looked into my hazel ones. His eyes moved to my cheek and his hand went up to gently stroke my cut with his thumb. My face burned up.

"What happened?"

"Oh, just a flying piece of wood. Nothing horrible." I said with a slight smile. 

His hand came down and I picked up my glass of pumpkin juice to take a sip.

"Hazel, is your brother ready for the Quidditch match today?" Theo asked from across the table.

"Oh! I forgot about that. That's why James isn't down here!" I noticed looking around the Great Hall. James must already be down at the pitch. "So who are we playing today?"

"Gryffindor" Draco scowled. "I can't wait to see Potter make them loose."

I gave him a firm punch in the arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" Draco exclaimed.

"It was for bad-mouthing my friend." 

He rolled his eyes. I punched him again.

"Ow! Now what?" he exclaimed.

"For rolling your eyes"

I looked over at the doors to the Great Hall and saw Ron, Harry, and Hermione walk in then sit at the Gryffindor table.

"Er- Draco? I'm going to be right back." I said getting up. He seemed to be having a nice conversation with a boy with dark skin next to him. Blaise, I think? I made my way over to the Gryffindor table and sat next to Harry.

"Hello everyone," I said.

"Hi, Hazel. Harry's not eating," Hermione informed me. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and noticed an unused spoon on the table. I picked up a spoon and scooped up what was on his plate. Taking his jaw, I pulled it down and moved the spoon towards his mouth.