Outside The Lines {9}

“I’m so tired,” Oliver groaned, resting his head on my shoulder.

                “I’m not a pillow,” I said, shrugging him off.

                “No, but you’re my best friend. Which means you need to act like a pillow when I want you to act like a pillow,” he said.

                “Would we still be friends if I punched you in the face right now?”

                “No, probably not.”

                “Perfect.”

                I raised my fist and Oliver ducked back, gripping my wrist. He pouted, pushing my arm back to my side.

                “Jerk,” he grumbled.

                “You love me,” I said, grinning.

                “No. I just know how to put up with you,” Oliver said with a sigh. “Speaking of which, here comes your man.”

                I glanced over as Dimitri entered the cafeteria, about ten minutes late to the period. Thankfully, Thalia was off getting help from one of her teachers.

                Dimitri was rubbing the brown part of his hair in frustration as he looked down at his phone. Glitter was flying to the floor as he continued to rub his hair.

                “I think this is the first time I have seen him with that stupid smirk of his,” I said, wondering what had him looking like that.

                But then he chuckled to himself, his hand falling to his side as he shoved his phone in his pocket of his bright pink shorts. He also had on a loose tie-dye tank top. It proudly displayed the muscles of his arms, and his smooth chest.

                He turned to go sit with his friends, and I noticed how muscular his back looked. God damn him and his stupid revealing tank top.

                “Theo?”

                I looked up at Alek. “Need economic help?” I asked with a laugh.

                “No. Actually, I was just wondering if I can sit with you,” she said, blushing a little.

                “Uh…yea, sure!” I said, gesturing at the chair across from me. “Take a seat!”

                Alek sat down in the chair across from me. She offered me a light smile as she pulled out homework to work on.

                “Is Dimitri wearing a belt made out of paper clips?” Oliver asked in confusion, looking past me towards Dimitri.

                I glanced over and, sure enough, Dimitri was wearing a belt made out of paper clips. He was standing up to toss something out, and I could see the paper clips hooked together, strung through the belt loops of his shorts.

                “Why does Thalia want to be friends with him?” I asked miserably.

                “Is Thalia the girl that usually sits here?” Alek asked.

                I nodded. “Yea. She’s been getting a little too friendly with Dimitri.”

                Alek made a face. “Keep her away from him. He just uses people for sex.”