04; they fear her more than him

In a house in Tennessee at night, a girl came out of her home looking for her dog.

"Rudy" she called looking around "Rudy. Come on. It's too hot to make me come looking for you" when she turned herself she jumped startled. A blond man was in front of her.

Klaus Mikaelson was grinning at the poor human "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" he said sweetly in an American accent.

"Can I help you?" the girl asked carefully not trusting his sudden appearance.

Klaus nodded "Yeah, my, uh, my car ran out of gas a couple miles back" he said pointing behind his shoulder "I feel like I've been walking forever. Yours is the first house I'd come to, so I was just hoping I could use your phone" he finished shrugging with his hands in the pockets of his pants.

The girl narrowed her eyes at him "Don't you have a cell phone?" she asked.

"Heh. Yeah" he answered in a breath "Battery died" he let out a chuckle "Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer" he shook his head "I just want to use your phone."

"Sure" nodding the girl started to walk to the inside of her house.

"So...I can come in?" the blond asked smirking.

"No" was her answer "I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you."

Klaus was starting to lose his patience with the girl; he just really wanted to rip her throat out with his own teeth. He hated when someone just didn't cooperate or obey him in any way "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting" he told her almost gritting his teeth annoyed; but then again the girl was smart for not inviting him in, he just didn't have the time at the moment.

"I'm from Florida" the blonde girl replied narrowing her eyes at him. Something was seriously off about him.

"Well, that explains it" he said grinning. He came closer and strangled her while he compelled her "Now show me a little Southern hospitality... Sweet pea."

"You can come in" she said between chokes.

Smirking, Klaus grabbed her by her shoulder and both walked into the house. In the inside a dark-haired girl was coming out of the kitchen "I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning" she stopped smiling when she saw Klaus with her friend "What's going on?" she asked alarmed.

"Please don't be alarmed" Klaus said calmly "I'm told Ray Sutton lives here."

"He's almost never here" the girl replied shaking her head "He's on the road mostly."

Klaus lifted one finger "But I expect he makes it home..." he grinned "Once a month" she didn't answer him "That's what I thought. Where is he now?" she still didn't answer. Klaus sighed annoyed "If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful for you" he smiled.