Ch. 16

Looking at my bed, I knew I would have kill someone soon. Thinking back maybe I shouldn't have done this.

I had asked my beautiful mate to lay down on her stomach so I could check her wounds and redress her back. When we walked into the bedroom, my mate had looked at me with questions floating in her eyes.

"Babe, can you get on the bed-" I started before she started backing up, put hands in front of her and started shaking her head. Her body started shaking and she crouched on the ground when she hit the wall. She didn't look at me anymore while she coward on the ground.

Seeing her reaction I got on the ground and laid on my back looking at her. I began tapping my knuckles on the floor in a slow but continuous rhythm. I stayed like this for several minutes before she finally stopped shaking and looked over towards me. Her eyes were slightly glazed.

"Babe, I'm not going to move until you want me to. Now, I'm going to close my eyes until you give me a signal." Closing my eyes, I hoped that she would see I wouldn't hurt her. Slowly, I heard her shift her body so that it wasn't in the corner so much and then it was silent. I could feel her eyes on me but couldn't be sure.

All of a sudden, I felt her touch my chest, right over my heart. She then leaned down and pt her ear on my chest, right beneath my shoulder. She then laid down beside me and curled into my side. Where she touched me, warmth radiated in my body. I knew that before the fall of humanity written fiction always thought it was shocks or tingles that came with the touch of a mate, but it wasn't. Mates knew each other by smell, sight, touch, or soul. Just being with her made my body uncoil, make me still, my soul calm. The world stops when I see her or hear her raspy voice. I knew I would never be able to move a single step away from her without her permission. She changed who I would be and who I am now.

With the barest of whispers I heard her breath in and murmur "Thank you Mathew".

And with that, she had me. I would never hurt her or scare her because she needed me. I still didn't open my eyes but I just laid there until Brandon walked in.

"Bro, you were supposed to get her re-bandaged and then into bed. What the hell are you dong on the ground! And why are you cuddling!" My twin expressed.

With the stomping of Brandon, Juliana had stiffened up, but when I moved my arm to rub circles on her shoulder, she relaxed again and moved so that she was looking at Brandon's direction. Finally, I opened my eyes to the sight of Brandon pouting at us and Juliana's hair spread over my shoulder and arm.

"Angel, Twin, can I join? You look so comfy." Brandon pleaded, and with a nod of her head Juliana gave him permission to advance.

"You look so comical," I couldn't help but laugh. Brandon, once again, had gotten on his hands and knees and began to crawl towards us.

"He moves like a cat." With those words, Juliana stopped both of us.

"Well, he prefers large felines. He spent years in a long ago country called India. He spent years in a jungle as a tiger." Seeing her confused look I continued. "It's a large cat with orange stripes and a long tail. Remember, we are shifters."

Reaching us, Brandon draped across my abdomen and reached for Juliana's hair that had slipped forward. "Yep, I love the way they move and see. I have a tendency to play with string and take plenty of long naps."

Watching Brandon play with her tendril of hair I said, "Although I would love to cuddle more, we need to get up and get Babe fixed up. Plus Brandon, you are heavy. What have you been eating?"

"Sigh... Angel, we need to get up before we squish Mathew and I have been eating lots of sheep. Hey! don't look at me that way! You always seem to raise the tastiest!" Standing up, Brandon help Juliana up to.

Seeing me on the ground still, Juliana looked at me and then the bed. Looking decisive, she crawled up on the bed and laid on her stomach. She had to take the borrowed shirt off but had kept her pants on but they had slipped down due to them being two sizes too big. Getting up I began to remove the day old bandages while Brandon went across the room to grab the medical supplies.

As Brandon arrived, I got the last bandage off and I saw the dozens of gashes on her back. The thousand of scars all over her back, arms and upper butt.

"Some people are going to die very soon." I growled.

"True that brother, true that." Brandon said.