Chapter 6

Derek

"We should see a scary movie!" Allison suggested excitedly. She squeezed Scott's arm in attempt to drag him towards the counter. "Is everyone okay with that?" she asked as she looked back towards the rest of the group. She tried to contain her grin when she saw Stiles stuck to Derek's, but it showed and Derek could only sigh. 

"I'm cool with whatever," Stiles said calmly. Stiles liked the scary stuff, but Derek not so much. He'd rather see an awesome action movie, or even a chick flick. Scary wasn't his type. But he was willing to brave through it as long as it made Stiles happy. Stiles squeezed Derek's side just then and made a small noise. "Wait, Derek doesn't like scary movies that much."

"It's okay," Derek assured him with a smile. He led Stiles closer to the counter as Allison and Scott were buying their tickets. "And I can pay," Derek added before Stiles could pull his wallet from his back pocket. "My treat." Stiles gave Derek a grumpy look but didn't object. 

"Der, I want popcorn," Stiles mumbled as they started to walk past the concessions. With a sigh, Derek turned towards the candy and popcorn and and gave the girl working a smile. "Large popcorn and two medium drinks, please," Stiles said to her and she nodded. "And I can pay," he teased mockingly, putting a ten dollar bill on the counter.

Derek raised an eyebrow and tried not to laugh as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "Okay, fine. But you better not eat all of the popcorn, especially before the movie even starts. I'll beat you up," Derek warned, which only made Stiles laugh as he picked up the bucket of popcorn and threw the empty cups at Derek. 

"You idiot, you won't beat me up. You like me too much. Now let's go get our drinks." 

Derek grinned, but followed the boy towards the drink machines anyways.

+++

"Move your leg!"

"I can't, move yours!"

"Ugh, switch me seats!"

"I'm not moving, Stiles. Just, fuck, dude, stop wiggling around. Fine, stand up and sit in the seat next to me." Derek sighed as Stiles grunted and mumbled under his breath but stood up anyways and attempted to slip past Derek's legs. "Get your ass outta my face," Derek laughed. 

"Get your hands off my ass," Stiles retorted with a smirk glancing down at Derek's hands which were more on his hips than his ass, but Derek still just shrugged. Stiles finally made it to the other seat beside Derek and plopped down with a sharp exhale. "Shit, I forgot my drink."

"Here," Derek replied, grabbing Stiles' drink and handing it to him. "If you drink it all, I'm not refilling it," he added, which made Stiles frown. 

"What kind of boyfriend are you?" he asked dramatically, but was shushed by an older lady a couple rows back as the movie began. Stiles made a face at her and she scrunched up her nose, but Derek only laughed and draped an arm over his boyfriend's shoulders. Or at least he guessed he could call Stiles his boyfriend now. "Some people," Stiles muttered, relaxing into Derek's touch. Derek laughed again and shook his head.