Seventeen

~Gerard's POV~

I hummed lightly, molding clay in my hand. Frank was currently in class and Mikey was doing his computer course on his bed across from me. I wanted to finish this character design...As good or probably bad as it may be.

"Gerard, what's the square root of 398?" Mikey's stressed voice drifted into my ears.

"How the fuck should I know?" I answered with a shrug.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuumnn." The end of his swear was cut off by the muffling sound of his bed covers.

I couldn't help but laugh at his frustration. There was a reason I was going for an art degree. Why Mikey had signed up for a math class when he didn't have to, I'll never know.

"You're an utter ASS!" Mikey's muffled voice was somehow audible.

I just bit my tongue, sure the biggest smile was visible on my face. I couldn't help it.

"I'm going to push you into the rain..."

"Is it raining?" I asked, turning my head in his direction. I hadn't really been listening to the now apparent pitter patter of the rain on the room's shade covered window.

"Yup..." Mikey trailed off, typing away at his computer.

"Are you googling the answers?" I asked, hovering my hand in front of me until I found a small table to place my clay down.

"I'm googling the answers." Mikey confirmed.

"Cheater..." I teased.

"Shut the fuck up..." He said absently back.

I laid back on my bed quietly. I was thinking about Frank. Our relationship seemed to be going just fine... We would usually meet up after classes and either sit in the library or one of our dorms. Spending time with him was the brightest part of my day (metaphorically of course but)... It's funny how far a relationship can go from its first meeting...

I couldn't be happier that I had kicked that short guy in the library at the start of the semester...

---

I was tapping my feet together at the edge of my bed when I heard a knock at our door.

"Yours or mine?" I asked as I heard Mikey get up to go check the door.

"Hey, Frank." I heard Mikey say.

"Yay! It's for me." I smiled, stretching out. I sat up and waited for Frank to sit down next to me. I instead felt his hand on my arm, tugging me up slightly.

"C'mon, G, I wanna take you out." There was a laugh in his voice that made me want to laugh out loud. I loved his laugh...I loved his voice in general.

"Wasn't it raining earlier?" I asked, getting up to my feet.

"Just shush and c'mon!" He laughed again. I nodded at the sound of his laughter, feeling my cheeks heat up. I felt my cane get pressed against my hand, so I opened it and took it. I could feel Frank's warm hands wrapped around it, the slight distortion of his skin from his tattoos identifying his hand.

He kept that hand with mine, holding it as I held my cane. He lead me out of my room and into the chilly hall.

"Feeling the winter vibes..." I joked.

"One of my favorite seasons... Well, minus the shoveling snow back home..." Frank said as he lead me along.

I stiffled a laugh, imagining Frank shoveling piles of snow...if only I could have a clear picture of what he looked like...I could picture everything, even rosey red cheeks, but a face...

"We've got steps." Frank said, pulling me from my thoughts. I nodded and let my cane feel along the ground, being careful of the ground level change.

"Where are we going?" I asked once we had made it down all the steps.

"There's a crappy café that I thought would be nice to visit after all the rain." Frank replied nonchalantly.

"I love the sound of it." I smiled.

We walked quietly a bit longer before I spoke.

"Frankie..."

"Yea, babe?"

"Why do you always ask about my eyes?.."

He stopped walking, causing me to stop as well. He was quiet. I felt a bit afraid that I had asked the wrong thing... I was hoping I didn't upset him...

I could feel light raindrops hitting my nose and hand. It was starting to sprinkle.

"I just..." Frank spoke softly, "It's always just... Interested me, you know? I mean...I saw some old photos at your mom's and your eyes..." He laughed lightly, "They were beautiful. Undescribable..."

"Do you think you could try to describe them?" I asked, side stepping closer to him. I leaned my head against his arm as the rain began to pick up.

"Could I maybe do that over that coffee?" He finally asked.

"Yea." I smiled, "That'd be nice..."

---
A/N~ I'm sorry if this is boring but stuff is going to be happening soon I promise! Tbh this last week I've just hit a bit of a slump I haven't been able to shake but I wanted to update on time...

Thank you guys for reading this again like I say it a lot but I'm honestly stunned at how many reads this has aaahhhh

Thnks fr lkng ths <3

~Skittles Out~