Chapter 32

"But that doesn't mean I can't kill you." Adam darkly whispered with a rasp.

And before I knew it, Adam was right in front of Peter and his hand was struck inside Peter's chest,

reaching for his heart.

Amanda's POV

Peter let out an unpleasant moan of pain as Adam was reaching for the heart.  I gasped in terror and abruptly placed the both of my hands over my gaping mouth.  I couldn't believe that this was happening right before my very eyes.  Peter is going to die.  I wanted more than anything to stop Adam, but I couldn't move an inch.  This is all just too much. 

But then something strange had occured.

Adam's expression suddenly displayed plenty of uncertainty as his hand was wandering in Peter's chest.  It was as if he was having trouble grasping the heart.  His hesitation was highly noticeable.  When Adam ultimately pulled his hand out of Peter's chest, I was more than relieved to see that there was no heart in his hand.

Adam huffed with knit brows as he stared down at his empty hand, while Peter softly chuckled under his breath. Alright, I am very confused on what just happened.

"Where is it?!" Adam roared in outrage.

"Hid it somewhere where you will never find it." Peter stated grievously, while smirking at his own intoxicating words.

Adam's eyes lit up with fury.  "I will get your heart!"

Peter silently chuckled once again, appearing amused by Adam's little outburst.  "Not before I get yours."

Then without warning, Peter's hand immediately thrashed into Adam's chest in a heartbeat.  It was as if God had answered my prayers at the moment.  It was a sight to behold.  Seeing Adam's face full of grief and agony had given my eyes some sort of pleasure.  Adam is going to get what he deserves.  This is what he gets for attempting to kill Peter and I.

Once Peter's hand was out of Adam's chest, I was satisfied to see Adam's beating heart resting in Peter's palm.  Peter gazed at the glowing heart with those vengeful, gleaming eyes.

"Any last words Adam?" Peter asked in a sharp tone, no mercy being sensed.

Adam glared at Peter and waited for a few seconds before responding, "Are you sure you want to do that Pan?"

Peter glanced once more at the heart and simply replied, "Oh I am more than sure."

It was a thrill to hear Peter's relentless, but beautiful words.  Adam should've known that Peter Pan never fails.  Now this is the price that Adam is going to pay.

But as I saw Peter tightly gripping Adam's heart, a feeling of torturous pain had rushed through my body.  My body ended up crashing onto the floor because of the traumatic that stung horribly inside me.  I screamed loudly as the feeling became worse, almost to the point where I felt like I was being stabbed by a butcher knife. 

When Peter had noticed my pain, he stopped focusing on Adam and his grip around the heart loosened.  Peter rushed towards me in concern.  Adam on the other hand, didn't even give a damn.  In fact, Adam was smirking.  It didn't even look like he was in pain while Peter was crushing his heart....but I was.

But why? 

How?

"Amanda!  What's wrong?!" Peter caressed my arm with a look of worry.  In his other hand, was still the beating heart.

"Peter, I-I don't know w-what's happening to m-me." I managed to make out my words.

Peter nodded, still looking concerned.  "Look I'll make you better, but I need to finish Adam first." Peter said, motioning his head to the heart in his hand.

"D-Don't!  Once you started crushing it, I was the one in pain...n-not Adam!" I hastily informed Peter.  Peeking over Peter's shoulder in front of me, Adam was still standing in his spot with crossed arms.

"But how is that possible?" Peter questioned uneasily.  I took steady deep breathes before answering his question.

"I-I think you have my h-heart."

Peter's eyes widened after hearing my response.  I could tell by Peter's expression, that he was utterly baffled.  Peter abruptly brought his attention to the heart and examined it all around.  You could absolutely tell how hard he was thinking about what to do with the heart and what to do with Adam now.

Shaking the troublesome thoughts from his mind, Peter rose up and stomped towards Adam.  The hatred was definitely shown by his forceful stomping and the veins popping out of his arms.  Adam remained calm with his arms still crossed.  Adam didn't seem to fret about what Peter was going to do to him now.

"You sick bastard!  You almost made me kill Amanda!" Peter intensely shouted at Adam.  I'm pretty sure everything on the island heard Peter's uproar.

Adam mockingly yawned, appearing very aloof. "Yeah, and?"

"Where is that heart of yours?!" Peter interrogated him with venom in his voice.

"Just like you, I hid it." Adam paused to scoff, which irked Peter. "My dark magic is pretty handy, don't you agree?"

"Oh just you wait, I will get that heart if it is the last thing I'll do!"

As they continued arguing back and forth, a peculiar thought had popped in my head.  What if Adam had switched our hearts?  Maybe if he had gotten my heart, maybe I have his?  You can do anything when it comes to dark magic, even switch hearts.  So it can be a possibility that Adam had just switched our hearts, so he wouldn't be killed.

And there is a possibility that my idea might be wrong, but I just can't let Adam off the hook.

If Adam thinks he can get away with it, he is mistaken.

So, I did what I had to do.  I briefly shut my eyes and inhaled some air, before I had sunken my hand into my own chest and had ripped out the heart inside me.  Now in my hand, was hopefully Adam's heart...and I am determined to crush it.

A/N: sorry for the late update! Hoping this chapter was acceptable for all of you guys; it was a bit difficult thinking of a plot for this chapter.  But I eventually came up with something and got this chapter done!

Oh and thank you so much for 9.6k views! That is beyond amazing!

Much love