Let Him Decide

Ronni's POV:

I tugged at the striped tie that was around my neck. I hated wearing dress clothes, I always felt that I was being suffocated.

" Ronni, I know you're still upset with us, but please be on your best behavior. " my mother begged.

" Why would I not? " I bugged my eyes.

" Son? " my father added.

Just then, the large door opened that read Dr. Jamison. He was the Principal at Harvard, and a good friend of my fathers.

" CJ? " he boasted as he hugged my father. I rolled my eyes as my mother chuckled.

" I want you to meet my son, Ronni. " my father pointed to me. " He's really interested in attending this college. "

" Is that so? " he asked. " Follow me, please. "

My mother patted my shoulder as I emerged from the chair, walking into his office. He closed the door and motioned me to sit down and I did so. He stared at me for a few minutes before speaking.

" Do you really want to attend this college? " he asked. He leaned back in his chair and waited for his answer.

" You want me to be honest, or tell you what my parents told me to say? "

" I'm guessing that's a no? " he smiled as he set up and placed his hands on the desk. " Why are they removing you from ASU? "

" Well, there's this girl who slightly caused my friend to commit suicide. We had an altercation. " I explained.

" Oh. " he nodded his head. " Well, I'll do you a little favor. I can convince them to let you stay over there. "

" Really? " I grew excited. " What's the catch? "

" No, I'm not like that. " he chuckled. " The girl that you speak of is my daughter, and I'm not pleased with the things that went on. "

My eyes grew wide as fear began to overtake my body. He just laughed and told me everything would be fine. He got up out of his chair and walked over to where I sat. He looked at me with those brown eyes. He held his hand out for me, but I just stood up and slightly backed away.

" I won't hurt you. " he slowly walked towards me.

" I will scream the roof off this bitch, please don't do this. " I pleaded and he stopped.

" One day, son. " he licked his lips.

He opened his office door and gestured me to leave. I walked out and he walked behind me. My parents stood up as we approached them.

" So, how'd he do? " my father anticipated.

" I don't think you should force him into going here. " Dr. Jamison stated and my fathers expression changed from excited to furious.

" I agree. " my mother added.

" Honey, but..... "

" We shouldn't have removed him in the first place. " she confessed. " You were doing excellent at ASU and dragging you into this, it's a bad idea. "

I ran over to her, hugging her tightly. My father walked up to Dr. Jamison, thanking him and talking about other irrelevant things. My mother and I walked to the car.

" You owe me one. " she smiled as she turned the air on.

" I know, thank you so much. " I snatched the tie off of my neck and unbuttoned the top button.

" Promise me that you won't get into any more trouble? " she looked into the backseat.

" I promise. " I smiled, cheesily as she tried to grab me. " You don't want these hands. "

My father opened the passenger door and flopped down in the seat. I was trying my best not to laugh, fear of getting cursed out. He looked back at me and sighed.

" Big head ass. " he taunted.

" Well I get it from you. " I retorted.

" Whatever. " he rolled his eyes.

We drove back home and I immediately began packing. I had to re-apply and I got back in. I would have a new roommate, though. I didn't bother calling Danielle or Devin because I would be surprising them tomorrow.

The next morning......

It was six o'clock sharp when my parents and I arrived back at ASU. Oh, how I missed this place! They helped me place the things back into my dorm, some things still in place from when I left. After I got situated, I decided to get more sleep.

An hour or two later, I heard someone walk into the door. I heard bags hit the ground, unzip and drawers being opened.

" Damn, you loud as shit! " I groaned as whomever it was laughed.

" My bad shawty, I'm just trying to get shit done. " he stated.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, watching him as he swiftly put all of his things away. He was very light toned, stood about 5'11, tattoos, and green eyes.

" You Ronni? " he asked, squatting down to put something underneath his bed.

" Yes, and you are? "

" Paris. " he walked over to my bed and held his hand out. His smile... " Hello? "

" My bad, nice to meet you. " I shook his hand. I looked at my phone and it read eight-thirty.

" You know, I was hoping you would be ugly. " he chuckled.

" Well I'm not, so wassup? " I got up and walked into the bathroom.

" That's what I'm trying to figure out. " he said in a very deep voice as he stood at the bathroom door.

" I have a boyfriend. " I replied with a mouth full of toothpaste.