Chapter 16.

Let It Go by James Bay

Over 100k reads.
You guys are awesome!

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------

We were half way through our trip back to my personal hell, when Landyn decided to speak.

"Pull over," Lan told the driver. He did as told and pulled to the side of the road. "You and Don will ride with Ted. I need to be alone with my mate."

Both men nodded and hoped out of the front seat, walking to one of the cars behind us. Lan got out also and walked to my side, opening my door before I could lock it.

"Get in the front seat, please," he says and goes to grab me when I don't oblige. I scoot away from his hands and climb over the middle console, climbing into the front seat.

He sighs and get into the drivers side, slams the door and peels of the side of the road.

"Put your seatbelt on," he demands. I ignore him and bring my knees to my chest. I stare out the window at the passing trees. My stubbornness and hate was getting the best of me. "LeeAna put your seatbelt on, please."

I huff and forcefully buckle myself in.

There was a long pause before he asked, "why?"

I frown and continue to stare out the window. "Why what?"

"Why would you leave me like that? Break our bond? I would never do that to you Lee, even on your darkest days, I would never leave you the way you left me." He glances at me. "Something could have happened to you, LeeAna. You could have been in danger and I would have no way to find you."

"You could be carrying our pup right now, Lee," he whispered.

My head snaps towards him so fast, I think I got whiplash.

I scoff and laugh at his statement. "I never marked you, Landyn. We never completed the bond therefore I never started my first heat." I stare as his face contorts to pain because he knows exactly what I'm saying. "You can only make a baby during a heat and you know that." No way in hell was I pregnant.

Heats usually came once a month for us, kind of like the menstrual cycle for humans. Except our bodies are preparing the egg rather than flushing it out. The heat only starts when the bond is fully complete though.

I didn't want to mark Landyn for so many reasons but one being that I didn't want all those voices in my head. Because he's an Alpha, Lan can talk to anyone in the pack through the mind link. This means if Lan and I complete the bond then I will be able to do the same. Why are Alphas and Luna's the only ones able to do this? I have no clue.

"We can complete it when we get home," he nods. "Then start our own little pack."

"Your delusional," I laugh. "You honestly think I want to be with a man who rapes and physically hurts me."

"How many times do I have to apologize, LeeAna. I'm sorry that I lost control like that but it was my wolf, the beast in me. I'll do whatever you want me to, baby. I'll go to anger management, hell I'll see a fucking shrink if that's what will make you happy." He sounded desperate.

He takes a hold of my hand and when I try to snatch it back, his grip tightens. Bringing it to his face, he kisses my palm and places it against his cheek.
I just now notice the light stubble on his face.

"I'll fix this, baby. I promise," he whispered.

I yank my hand back. "Not much to fix, Landyn. You've ruined me."

--------------------------------------------

Three days later...

I sit on the cold wood floor in the living room, watching as Lan and three of his friends move in the new furniture.

When we got 'home' a few days ago, Lan had explained to me how he wrecked the whole house.

Idiot.

Fortunately he didn't shred the guest bedroom bed, so I slept there while he slept on a blow up bed in the living room. He tried to crawl into the bed with me at first but only got kicked off of it in the end.

"Lee."

I'm snapped out of my daze and look up at Landyn. He's only wearing a pair of low ride jeans and his boots, causing his bare muscles to glisten with sweat.

"Look," he sat in front of me, holding a plastic bag and smiled. "I got you some chocolate covered strawberries, those brownies you like, some skittles and," he pulls out a bouquet of flowers from behind his back, "these."

I stare at the flowers before looking around the room. Everything was in its place and settled. Lan's friends must have left.

I blankly look back at the flowers he's holding out and say, "I don't want them. I don't even like flowers."

Lie. I liked flowers but he doesn't have to know that.

His face and smile falls and he slowly set the bouquet down. "Oh, okay. Well come look at the house. I made sure to pick colors you might like."

I look around and spot the blue chair in the corner. "I hate blue."

Lie, again.

He stares at the chair then looks at me. "Oh, well we can get a new one then. What color would you prefer?"

I shrug and stare at the floor.

"I'm trying, Lee," he sighs. "Your not even putting any effort into making us work."

"Maybe because I honestly don't care if we work." I glare at him. "Maybe because I might not want us to work."

He stares at me for a few seconds then runs a hand down his face and stands up.

"Are you hungry?"

I shake my head and stare at the wall.

"I'll make you some cheesy enchiladas," he whispers. "I know how much you love them."

Lan disappears into the kitchen and I sit there on the hard floor feeling... empty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too harsh?
This chapter helped clear a lot of things for you guys.
No bun in the oven.

Vote and comment :)