Chapter 21

"You are not going to fight in that competition, Case!" Adam yelled and I glared at him in defiance with my nose flaring in anger.

"You can't tell me what to do!" I screamed at him in frustration. We've been going at it for more than half an hour now and I'm getting tired of his shit. I will fight if I want to fight. He doesn't control me.

"Yes, I can and you're not competing, end of discussion." He stated firmly and I snorted at him. He thinks he gets to call the shots here? Well he better get off his high horse before he gets thrown off.

"You're not my father," I seethed at him and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Well, I know for a fact that he wouldn't want you to go. If I had a daughter, I wouldn't let her risk her life for anyone. Hell, I wouldn't let her street fight!" His voice raising an octave higher and we continued to yell at each other.

"Shut up, both of you. You're giving me a headache. It's too early to yell, can't we calm down and talk about this like civilized people?" Monic emphasized while rubbing her temples, looking beyond agitated.

We both turned to her simultaneously and yelled a "No!" in sync before turning to each other and go back to glaring.

I heard her sigh and the chair scraping the floor before feeling a hand settle on my shoulder and a petite body slipping in between Adam's bulky physique and me, seeming to try to calm the both of us down before we bit each other's head off.

My gaze snapped to the kitchen door when I heard soft thuds on the ground and saw Adam's younger brother; Pio, who was still 2 and a half years old, waddling in and rushing towards me.

He was wearing a yellow polo shirt and a pair of trousers that reached an inch below his knees and he has this cute bowl cut that gave him the special affect to melt anyone's heart.

During my visit, he seemed to have taken a liking towards me and is fascinated by my hair.

"Casey! Casey!" Now, normally, I would've wrung any person's neck if they as much as called me that nickname but let's face it, I'm a sucker for this little guy.

A small smile graced my face and I could feel my features soften once my eyes landed on him.

As he waddled towards me, he reached out and motioned for me to pick him up with puppy eyes. I chuckled at his motives, I seriously need to toughen myself up to those eyes or he'll surely be the death of me.

I picked him up by his underarms and rested him on my hip, securing him by placing an arm on his back.

"What's up, little guy?" He jutted out his lip and I frowned, not liking the fact that he's upset.

"Who's face do I have to mess up?" I asked him in a serious tone and I was serious. If anyone dared to hurt Pio, I will have their heads. In a matter of an hour, the little guy has me wrapped around his tiny finger.

He shook his head at me and grinned instead and I silently awed at the sight. This boy will be the end of me someday.

"Mommy said she wants to talk to you.'' He said slowly and I nodded at his words. "Okay, tell Mommy I'll be there in a bit, okay?" I told him, lowering him to the ground.

He nodded enthusiastically, "Okay!" His foot touched the ground and he give me a small wet kiss on my cheek before rushing out, leaving me to giggle at his cute move.

'That kid's gonna be one heartbreaker.' I mused silently in my head before turning to Adam that was staring intently at me, looking like he was deep in his thoughts.