Blast of The Past

"Van-" He started to say, but I cut him off as angry boiled inside of me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked with tears coming down my face, I wiped them away, but as soon as I did more came down my face.

"Van, I'm sorry." Was all he said, I glared daggers at him while thinking, he has some balls to come here after everything…

"You're sorry? That is it, that’s all you have to say is that, you're sorry. Wow, dad, that must have taken you all night to think that one up-"

"Vanessa, how dare you talk to your dad in that manner?!" Yelled my mom at me.

"Mom, he kicked me out of his house-"

"I didn't kick you out; I told you I think it would be best if you went to live with your mom and you agreed!"

"You chose that witch of a wife over me. You know what she did behind your back! I sent you the evidence! And yet the day you got back from your honeymoon you 'suggested' I go live with my mom. I know your newly wedded wife put you up to it. She told me that the day you two got married she was going to send me to my mom's…I guess she won. Now if you would please get out of my house and go back to your whore-"

"I think you need to realize whose house this really is! And how dare you say that word to your father! I want you to apologize right now!" Yelled my mom while she pointed her index finger at me in anger.

"Why should I? He doesn't care about me. Mom you know that as much as I do, hell he didn't even show up on the day I was moving to say go bye to me!"

"Vanessa, I can explain everything just give me the time." My dad said in a calm voice, I looked at him with anger.

"I don't give a damn about what you have to say!" With that I retreated to my room, not forgetting to slam my bedroom door behind me, and I almost was about to yell out in aggravation, but I decided not to when I saw my room was filled with over 20 blue boxes, all with big bows on them. I became confused as to what these boxes were, so I walked over to one of them, and saw it had a note on the top of it:

Open it.

Was all the note said, I tore the box open and found it was...a laptop...A NEW TOSHIBA LAPTOP! I thought I was seeing things, but no, it was actually a laptop. I picked it up, I was not dreaming, it was really a laptop, and the one I have always wanted.

But where did this come from?

Curiosity of what was in the other boxes got to me and I ran to another box and opened it, in that one was a camera, not a cheap one, no, it was one like that professional photographers use.

I looked through all the boxes, and found so many things I have wanted for years. I had one box left, it was actually the smallest box, and when I opened it, I saw a pair of keys; I knew exactly what they went too. I peered out of my window and sure enough there was a new car in the driveway...

Wait, it was not just there earlier...And where did all this stuff come from?

I heard my door open so I turned around and saw my dad standing in the door way, "I am sorry, Van, I hope this makes up for all the crap I have seemed to done...and thank you for what you sent me...you know the pictures, and evidence of Stephanie (who you and I call the witch), it made me realize that I had married a liar and a cheater like you said in the email," says my dad once again tears were rolling down my face. He went to walk over to me with open arms, but I stopped him.

"Dad, I love all the things you bought me, but...where did you get the money to buy this stuff? I mean I know you have money...but really you think you can buy my forgiveness? I want you to take it all back..." I said without thinking twice about it. My dad looked at me with a hurt expression on his face.