Act 2: Fight for our lives

Dante:
Shizuka drove the bus into town but it wasn't long before we hit a traffic jam. "Everyone must be trying to get out of the city," she said sadly. "How far did this thing spread?" I walked back up to her and put my hand on her shoulder. I couldn't say things were gonna be ok because to be honest I don't know if they were. The only thing on my mind was my parents. I'm hoping my mom and dad would have gotten out safely but there is no way to say for sure.
"Shizuka is it possible for us to stop at my place?" She looked at me as I and by the look on her face she wanted to help but then she looked back at everyone else. Of course they would want to check on there families too but we don't have time to do all of that. We'll be surrounded halfway through and that wasn't something I wanted to risk. However, I needed to get there and if I did I could help keep as all safe so the I did the only thing I could think of and changed my motif. "My parents own weapons in our house. They could come I'm handy if things got......shaky." That made everyone on the bus more eager to make the journey. Even Koichi agreed saying "if it'll help keep the students safe than let's do it." It was a load of bull crap but some of them were eating right out of his hands.
"Alright where do we go?" Shizuka asked with a smile on her face. I directed us to my house and we arrived in at most thirty minutes or so. "Okay I'm gonna take a team to get the supplies." If it wasn't clear I didn't trust Koichi then I'll say it again. I didn't trust the guy and I didn't trust his little cult that he was slowly making so I told Takashi, Rei, Saeko, Saya, Kohta and Shizuka to help. They had no problem, probably cuz they felt the same way I did and we walked through the front door.
The house was clean. No signs of a struggle and nothing was broken so that was a good sign so far. "My parents keep a few guns over there since they were former soldiers." I pointed at a large black cabinet as I spoke and Kohta went over and opened it up. His gun maniac side kicked in instantly as he examined each gun and actually picked out which would be best for us to use but of course I needed to take a look around so I snuck away and went up to my room.

Shizuka:
It's really hard keeping your cool when the world is falling apart around you but as an adult that's what's expected of me. As Kohta was organizing the supplies I used this first chance I've had in a long time to have a seat and just relax for a second. I took a second to calm myself and I looked around the house as well. I've never been to Dante's house. He said his parents would suspect something if he brought a girl over but the thought just made me laugh. Now it makes me a little sad. What if Dante's parents aren't okay? He's a good kid but he has a hairline trigger that could snap and he'll crumble like a stone pillar. If that ever happens I'll always be there for him but I still want to avoid it from happening in the first place.
I moved my hands across the couch lost in my worried mind when I touched something that ended up giving me a paper cut. It was a folder that had Dante's name on it. I wonder what it was for. It could be medical files, school, there are options but this is his so I shouldn't look into it. I decided to hold onto it and give it to him when he got back from wherever he went. He probably thought he was sneaky but he could never fool me. I just knew he needed to check some things out and I hope nothing bad comes out of it.
Takashi stood up after they finished with inventory of all the equipment. "We're all set. Let's move this stuff to the bus," he looked around the room "Where is Dante?" Almost right on cue Dante walked down the stairs and I knew that he saw something he didn't want to see. He had 2 swords strapped to his back. He told he collected a few for show but now there weapons but what made me nervous was the look on his face. It was pure dread, suffering, anger and I wasn't the only one who noticed because everyone kept their distance. Rei asked "Are you doing ok Dante?" All Dante did was continue walking.
Takashi and the rest of the group packed up the stuff and started heading back to the bus with a Dante leading. The moment they opened the door however, there was a path of 5 zombies standing between us and the bus. Honestly I didn't know whether to be scared or greatful that the zombies showed up at that moment because it helped Dante blow off some steam. It didn't take long for Dante to draw his swords and get into a slicing frenzy. The scene had decaying body parts scattered and I feel like Dante wanted that to last longer with the look of deep depression on his face.
We loaded the equipment onto the bus and I got back in the drivers seat. Everyone sat close to the front while Koichi and his group claimed the back. It actually looked like he was brainwashing those kids and they were enjoying it. The site made me aggravated but then I looked at Dante who sat in the seat next to me. He was banging his head against the window lightly which confirmed that something was wrong. I didn't want to ask because I didn't want to make it worse and I even kept the folder I found because I didn't know what that would do to the situation either. I just started the engine and started to head towards the bridge leading outside of town.