Chapter 25- The Unexpected Kiss

The last day of the Dumbledore's Army meetings before break brought too much trouble for Harry. Harry had to many things on his mind to care about, certain things, however, seeing Cho Chang standing in the corner all alone on the verge of tears reminded him of his situation.

Harry only got to see Draco once a week at most, and Malfoy the rest.

Imagine having the person you love die unable to ever speak to them again. That thought broke Harry's heart.

"Do you think he knew all of this stuff, Cedric?" She whimpered like a dog begging for treats which couldn't annoy him more.

"Yeah loads. He was a great wizard."

"I miss him."

"He was a great guy, and he was a reason worth fighting for."

"I know." She turned to him, leaned in and captured his lips.

He froze right then and there which was really awkward for him because Cho kept kissing. And she kept kissing. And he froze in shock. Horror filled his veins.

Okay okay calm down. I shouldn't be doing this! Please stop please stop please stop! Think of Draco, think of Draco......no this doesn't taste like Draco at all. Man, Draco kisses so much better than this...

When they finally released after what seemed an eternity, Cho just stared at Harry. She was facing so much guilt all she could spit out was 's-sorry' and she ran away, leaving him in the Room of Requirement.

Harry was facing horrific images at the thought of when the Slytherin would find out. He would probably kill him. He eventually decided that he shouldn't tell him. What he didn't know won't hurt him. And beside who would find out about him kissing Cho Chang anyway.

-----------------------------------

Winter vacation went by fast for most students, however not for Draco and Harry. Screams from the Malfoys entered the hallways from tortured teenagers or yelling parents. Lets just say, Draco didn't have a good break.

Harry had a great time with the Weasleys and the compliments and thanks from them was overdone, but he didn't care. The guilt was eating away at him like a spider at its prey.

"Cho Chang, mate," Ron asked. "So you and your girlfriend broke up?"

"No," Harry swallowed. "We didn't."

"I don't want to be you right now," he said. 

"You're going to tell her of course," Hermione asked.

"Should I?"

"Obviously!"

"But what if she doesn't find out? Ignorance is bliss."

"Not when it comes to cheating, Harry," she said.

But Harry felt dirty. "I-I didn't cheat. I didn't mean to cheat. I love... I love her. I told her that. Maybe she'll understand."

"If you loved her, why would you kiss Chang?"

"I froze," Harry said. "I didn't know what to do."

Ron and Hermione stared at him with consoling faces. "I don't even know who she is. I have no idea how she's going to react."

"I know she's jealous. Really jealous," Harry said in a panic. 

Draco was going to kill him.

His stomach didn't untwist the entire break. And Sirius met his stare several times over the two weeks. It was only when he was looking at the Black family tree when Sirius confronted him about said feelings.

"Harry. Harry, Harry, Harry. What is going on?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh come on, you have that same look on your face as James did when he found Lily. Who is she?"

"Well.. um.. she... erm she ....we-"

"Oh Harry," he patted him on the back, "you sound love sick like a little puppy. Tell me about her."

"She erm likes green?" Harry spat out nervously, not wanting to lie more he tried to manipulate the story enough to where only a little guilt would suffice.

"And?" Sirius's understanding was heartwarming. Harry really needed that. "What does she look like?"

"Blonde with pointy features normally, but when she's with me his-her face softens. And how she smiles...it's only for me. Our hands fit perfectly, And her eyes are... breathtaking-"

Harry smiled and looked at the ground through his whole speech. "And her lips are so soft-- she kisses like a girl"

"Okay too much information...and erm isn't that how it should be?"

"What? Oh yeah...right...she." It went quiet for a little bit, Harry thinking about how perfect Draco is.

"You know, this is exactly how James acted. Maybe you found the one," Sirius smiled as Harry looked up as fast as that of a lightning bolt. Was Draco really the one for him? "How far along is your relationship?" "We've dated for almost a year, a day after the second task was our first real date, February 25th actually.... Sirius I told her I love her, before break. Is that...?"

"Harry, that's wonderful!" Sirius wrapped his arms around Harry, releasing after a brief hug.

"Just don't tell anyone, Sirius. It's a secret and we want to keep it that way."

"I promise. Isn't it complicated? Don't you two fight."

"All the time! We scream and push each other and beat each other up. She gave me a black eye a few times!" Sirius's eyes grew wide. "No not like that! It's- it's all a game! We are supposed to hate each other so we act like it to cover up our relationship."

"Black eye? She must be strong then! Does she play quidditch?"

"Yeah. Seeker, just like me."

"So what's wrong?" Sirius changed to a concerned gesture.

"What?"

"You've been completely depressed since you've gotten here. The look of guilt I like to call it. And missing her isn't going to give you that sort of expression. You're very readable Harry."

"Well there's this girl (oh boy) and she kissed me the day before break. And I never got to tell her. Should I tell my Bo-girlfriend?"

"Well did you want to do it?"

"No! No! Nonono!! I love my b-girlfriend, not this other one. She kinda just went for it."

"Well there are two things you can do: tell her or lie." The word lie hammered Harry. That's all he's been living off of for the past 3 months. "You could let her wonder, trust you, then let her hear it from her friend four weeks later and she would never think the same of you again, or tell her straight up, have her lose a little trust and let it hurt a while, but then let her realize that it was the best thing to do and have her trust you even more."

"But I didn't kiss her back. I wanted to get away as fast as possible."

"Then tell her that! The first chance you get when vacation ends. If you feel for your b-girlfriend as much as I see you do, I suggest minimizing the damage. It'll hurt. But now it's a matter of making it hurt as little as possible."

Harry nodded and bit his lip. He swallowed. "Sirius," he hesitated, "he's not a girl."

Sirius gave him a wink and whispered back. "I know."