7. Fourth Base

It had been a week since the family dinner and to be honest, quite a lot had changed in that time. The fact that Eli and I were able to be around one another without starting a war meant that I was able to reconcile with my brothers.

During school hours we were all able to hang out at lunch as a group and when we were at home we gathered in the living room to play video games. The only time Eli and I argued was when I beat him, which was all the time.

"Hey Silv, are you working this Saturday?" Kai asked my best friend who was busy devouring a sandwich. She was like a wild coyote, seriously.

"Why? Are you asking me on a date?" She said without thinking, everyone fell silent and stopped eating. Even Vincent paused, which was rare, he loved his food. She looked up in horror then instantly began grovelling.
"I just meant - I was joking-" she fumbled before I cut her off.

"You seriously need a filter between your brain and your mouth" I chuckled at her.
"So, are you busy?" Kai persisted.
"No" she answered, now an amusing shade of red.

"Hey Eli, Silver can come this weekend" Kai exclaimed as he saw Eli approach the table.
"Great" he said bluntly. As he walked up to the table he slyly swiped half of my sandwich before sitting next to Riley, opposite me.

"Elijah Antonelli if you do not return that sandwich you will be in a world of pain" I warned, pointing a threatening finger at him. The boy had the audacity to look me straight in the eye as he took a mammoth bite of my beautiful sandwich. I always knew he was trouble, a bad egg.

Acting in revenge, I lobbed a screwed up napkin in his direction, which unfortunately plummeted before it reached him. Pesky gravity!

"Ow" he said monotonously, giving me a blank look. He was looking for a fight.
"Wait, where are we going?" Silver interrupted what was probably the beginning of a war.

"We thought we'd have a friendly game of baseball" Riley grinned, revealing his bread-laden mouth to everybody.
"It's friendly, but we all know who's going to win" Eli announced, leaning back in his seat cockily.
"Peyton, probably" Sebastian declared as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"You're joking aren't you?" Vincent piped up before I gave him my award-winning glare.
"What's funny about that, Mr. Chambers? I believe you must have quite a screwed sense of humour" I growled at him.

"Hunter trained her himself" Sebastian explained. The Montgomery boys hung their heads in shame whilst Eli wore a smug smirk.

"Well you haven't played me yet, Liliana" he informed me, arms folded across his chest. I couldn't help but notice how that action emphasised his defined chest. I almost had to physically shake those thoughts from my head.

"Bring it on" I dared him, unconsciously leaning towards him with an excited grin on my face.

***
It turned out that Saturday was actually the perfect day to play baseball, the sun was high in the sky, but it wasn't hot, so we were able to play without getting overheated.

"So, are you sure there's nothing going on with Juvy?" Silver asked as she sifted through my draws like a nosy weasel.

"Juvy? Oh you mean Eli? Silver, just because we're able to be civil with one another instead of ripping each other up, it does not mean there is something going on between us. He just changed my mind about him, that's all. I'm starting to realise he's not the bad guy everyone makes him out to be" I told her, my hands placed on my hips in exasperation.

"Well that's a shame, it makes it so much more exciting when they're bad" she grinned before winking at me.
"Shut up. Please" I requested before adjusting my baseball cap in the mirror. I pulled my loose pony tail through and was ready to go.