Chapter 5: Cabin House

Chapter 5
Richard Neil Sky
Cabin House

Cade pulled away from the kiss. It was more of a peck than an actual kiss but still, it left me breathless. It left me wanting more. Cade then smiled genuinely at me, the smile that he only showed to those people that meant a lot to him. I knew that. Even if Cade was a total jerk, he still valued his friends.

I was just staring at him and him doing the same thing, neither of us speaking as we felt too tired to even open our mouth. The good thing was, the hallway was now already empty and I was glad that no one had seen. The school didn't have homophobic assholes, but still, they might get the wrong idea about the kiss. Which even I didn't know what to think. Was he gay? Was he playing with me? Was he being an asshole? Was he being just himself?

He caressed my face with his long and smooth fingers as he gazed deep into my eyes and I felt my heart pound against my chest with eagerness and anticipation. Even his touch was making me feel the electric coursing through my veins and a shiver went up and down my spine.

"You really have a beautiful eyes, Richard." Cade said as he brushed my cheeks with his thumb. I could feel the heat tinting my cheeks and I pursed my lips, in order not to squeal because that would be so, so, so embarrassing. And I was not the one to squeal over him. And... and... and he said my name like it was the most precious name in the world. He said my name carefully and softly, like he was afraid that if he said it out loud, it would be crushed to pieces and he would never find a way to mend it back. I gulped.

"You... you, too." I never meant to speak but somehow, the words rushed out of my mouth and Cade broke once again a smile at me. When I looked closer, his eyes were a light blue (but from afar, I couldn't tell if it was a blue or not) with flecks and hints of green. Odd combination but his eyes were really great and breathtaking. The bell rang and it was a go signal for me to end things awkwardly. It was hard to speak because I didn't want to speak at all. I didn't want this to end. Sure, Cade was an asshole but he had a soft heart. "Um, the bell... just rang?" Cade chuckled softly and it was contagious. Although I laughed awkwardly along with him, we never stopped laughing.

"Let's ditch classes?" He offered. My head snapped into his direction and my lips went into thin line. He must have seen my expression because he frowned. Yup, still an asshole. "Oh come on, Sky. Just this one. Plus, you're already late. Join me, and I promise you, you will enjoy this day. I swear." He clasped his hands, like he was praying to God to change my mind and join me. And somehow, it worked. Because a moment later, I was nodding my head but I was still aware that if I joined this bastard to God knows where, I was already riding a roller coaster that would crush in Hell. "Great,"

"I'm already regretting this," I said as I massaged my temples. Cade grinned at me and grabbed my head and together, we ran until we reached his car in the parking lot. The air blew pass me and my dark blonde hair was flying upwards, making my hair stick up in different directions. Cade ruffled my hair and I glared playfully at him.

He motioned for me to get into the car and I climbed into the passenger seat. His car was awesome; a black Ford Taurus. Even though my parents were rich, they never gave me a car. They said that I had to earn it, so that's what I was doing, giving out my best so I could have what I always wanted.

Cade put the key in the ignition and his hand gripped the steering wheel whereas his free hand grabbed the clutch. The car purred to life as Cade looked over his shoulder as he started to move the car backwards until it was safe to move forward. In minutes, we were now hitting the road as an unfamiliar song blasted through the speakers of the car. It was quite catchy and I saw Cade bobbing his head up and down to the beat of the music. Every now and then, I would hear him whispering the song's lyric. The lyrics were: All I want is to mess around and I don't really care about... and that's it, I just listened to his sing the song.

I didn't know where we were going but this time, I trusted Cade with all my heart. He gave me a side glance and grinned then sang the song loudly, which made me laugh. He moved his body a bit, like he was dancing and I feared that the car might crush but the only car on the road was Cade's. And Cade was really a good driver. My eyes watched the trees becoming a blur through the window as we passed it by. Cade was still singing and I would laugh because he wasn't really a great singer and he would pout at me like a total kid. The awkwardness had been forgotten as we crazed inside his car.

Ashamed to admit it, I kept my mouth shut. I was enjoying this day with him. I was ashamed to admit because Cade would tease me about it. He would tell me he was right. He would tell me I was supposed to be the role model and blah blah blah. Cade looked at me again and his eyes were twinkling and it made my heart swell with joy.

As we danced along, we reached our destination and Cade pulled over to the side of the huge pine tree. My eyes scanned the area and we were in a secluded and private place. There was a wooden cabin that faced the lake and a huge mango tree beside the cabin. One of the branch of the tree had a rope tied securely and tightly. Swing. I broke into a grin as Cade watched me with satisfaction. He just looked at me and now, he knew that I liked this.

The cabin wasn't just a regular cabin. It was a three story cabin, third floor being the rooftop and I was pretty sure the view there was perfect. In front of the house was a campfire that hadn't been lit in a long time. There were still burnt woods and I had a thought that we would be staying here for the night.

Cade led the way to the cabin and my jaw dropped as we entered. Even inside, the interior was glorious. My parents were rich, but not this rich. We didn't have a cabin. Knowing Cade, I was pretty they owned the lake. My eyes did a 360 degree scan and to say that I wasn't envy was a complete lie, I was really, really envy. Cade went upstairs and I was left alone in the living room, still in awe as I kept scanning the place. When I got home, I was going to tell Mom and Dad about this so they could buy me one. Fuck my grades. I would force them to. Cade, what the fuck are you doing to me? I thought.

I walked into different rooms of the cabin and everything was organized and well. When I got back into the living room, Cade was already there. Shirtless and he was wearing a dark blue shorts. I stopped dead in my tracks. My eyes followed his six packs abs, from his chest down to the happy trail that was going to the inside of his shorts. Cade had a really great body whereas I, never mind. The curves of his body were on full display and his arms, God, his arms were to die for. I could feel again my heart drumming against my chest as I checked him out. I, Richard Neil Sky, was checking out my supposed to be enemy, Cade Felix Thompson.

Cade walked confidently until he was in front of me and I had a great view of his chest. He used his index finger to tip my head and I saw his beautiful eyes again and he had a smirk on his lips.

"Boo!" He shouted in front of my face and I glared at him. "I know I have a sexy body, you don't have to drool. You can have me all night. For now, let's go swimming!"

"But I don't have any spare of clothes!" I told him.

"I like the part that you ignore what I said about you having me all night," Cade said smugly as he shook his head teasingly at me. I scowled at him. "That means you're considering it. Anyways, just get into the lake. I have lots of clothes here. I'll lend you. But I'd rather like you to be naked tonight but poof, if you want to. Let's go, Richard!" I rolled my eyes at him and ran after him.

When I reached outside, Cade was nowhere to be seen and I frowned again. Then I saw him climbing the rope and swinging himself until he let himself fall into the lake and I grinned. Cade motioned for me to follow him and I did the same thing. I grabbed the rope, stepped backwards, and let myself swing until I let go of the rope and my body fell into the lake, Cade watching me do it.

This was nice.