Chapter 38 - Better Now Than Later

Hey guys, check out the amazing cover @atomicalpha made for me! It's amazing so go check it out :)

* * * * * *

I wanted to tell Dimitri how I felt. I really wanted to. And I wanted him to tell me he felt the same but I knew he didn't. It didn't seem like he wanted to invest himself into a serious relationship at all. Especially because of the way he flirted with all those girls. And the way he came and kissed my neck and then proceeded to tell me I looked beautiful which he's probably said to many girls before.

I sighed, the thought hurting me. It really, really hurt. I wanted to tell him how I felt, so I could prevent a horrible unfixable heartbreak. I knew I was already in very deep. What I felt for him was a billion times stronger than my feelings for Kenneth had ever been. And if my breakup with Kenneth hurt that much, then I didn't want to imagine how much it would hurt to know Dimitri didn't feel the same. But I knew if I delayed this any further, it would be so much harder for me to get over.

I talked this over with Pam and she agreed that I should tell him how I felt. She suggested I do it after breakfast and I agreed.

Soon enough it was breakfast and I was literally shaking with nervousness. In literally, less than an hour I'll be telling him how I feel.

"Relax, it'll be fine." Pam said with a reassuring smile. I nervously smiled back at her before taking my usual seat at the dining table, the one beside Dimitri. He soon came into the room with a happy smile on his face. I had to look away as his smile was so adorable.

"Good morning Izzie." He spoke in a low, husky voice causing me to shiver. His voice was so hot.

"Good morning, Dimitri." I whispered so quietly, I doubt he heard me at all.

Breakfast was soon served but I kept thinking about how I was going to tell him, that I didn't bother eating much at all.

"Hey, are you okay? You barely touched your food?" Dimitri asked, turning to look at me with concern clearly displayed in his eyes. I didn't say anything as I stared down at my spoon. I felt so scared.

Suddenly, I felt his finger slide under my chin and move my face up so that I was looking up at him. "Isabella, is everything okay?" He asked, staring directly into my eyes causing me to look away immediately.

"I'm fine." I replied looking to the side, avoiding his gaze.

"Look at me Isabella." He demanded, causing me to slowly look up and meet his intense gaze. "Tell me what's wrong." He said, but I wouldn't say anything. What was there to say? "We're going to talk after breakfast." He said sternly, letting go of my chin. I nodded my head, staring down at my barely eaten food.

Breakfast was soon over and I felt horribly nervous now. My hands were clammy, my whole body was shaking and my heartbeat was skyrocketing. "It'll go fine." Pam whispered to me before leaving with the rest of the girls. Dimitri and I were sitting alone now and it was very quiet between us.

"Let's go up to my office. We'll get some privacy there so then you can tell me what's wrong." He said getting up off his chair. I got up as well and followed him upstairs. The whole time going up I was having doubts on telling him. I suddenly had a horrible feeling about this. But I wasn't sure if that was just me trying to come up with excuses so I wouldn't have to tell him. I decided it was and that everything was going to go fine.

We soon reached his office. He unlocked the door and walked in, holding the door open for me. Once I was through, he closed the door and locked it behind him. He then proceeded towards his seat and sat down. He then looked up at me, smiling softly before patting a chair he pulled up beside him. "I'm fine here." I said, not wanting to move from my spot by the door and get closer to him.