Chapter Eleven

Okay, so I definitely did have the water too hot but I guess I can't change that now. My skin is incredibly pink, it looks like all I did was stay outside and sun tan for several hours.

All I had to wear was a t-shirt and jeans so when I stepped out of the bathroom Anna immediately started freaking out when she saw my arms. Becca and Scott kind of just stared at me.

I guess I scared Anna a little when I came out of the bathroom all red like that. I used to do that to myself a lot when I was younger, I guess it was some kind of weird form of self harm or something so everyone was always worried that I was slowly losing my mind, when in reality I was just trying to avoid losing my mind.

Now, I'm still with Scott, Becca and Anna but we're walking towards the cafe to get our breakfast. Well they're walking, Becca made Scott run back and get my crutches before we left. I hate using these crutches, they make me feel even more disabled than I actually am. Anna made me put on a sweater before we left because she didn't want anyone to see my arms or anything even though the pinkness is still very evident on my face. I guess it just doesn't look good when the girl who always stutters is on crutches and looks to have a very terrible sun tan.

"I can't believe you did that again," Anna says shaking her head pitifully at me.

"Did you used to do it a lot or something?" Becca asks looking over at me.

"Frequently enough for it to be a problem," Anna says with disapproval laced in her voice.

"You really shouldn't do that," Scott says looking over at me with his eyebrows drawn in. "It definitely can't be good for you."

"Since when d-do you c-care?" I ask looking back at him.

He doesn't say anything back, he just looks forward with a frown on his face and keeps walking. I don't look away from him though, I scan his face wondering how someone so annoying can have such a defined jaw line. Everything on his face just seems to come together even when he's frowning. Like the way, his eyes squint just slightly enough for his frown to look more like a smirk, but I guess you'd have to be looking closely enough to know the difference between his smirk and his frown. Like now, when he turns to look at me and his mouth turns up slightly and his eyebrows lift. That's his smirk. Wait, he's looking at me...

"Like what you see?" He asks running a hand through his already messed up hair.

"I'm n-not even looking at y-you," I say blowing a piece of hair out of my face and quickly turning away from him. Hopefully I turned away quickly enough for him to have not seen the blood that was rushing through my face.

"You were totally checking me out," he says triumphantly. "It's okay, plenty of people want inside my pants."

"I d-don't want inside your p-pants-"

"Then why do you keep stuttering?"

"Okay that's enough," Anna says shooting an annoyed glare at Scott. "That was definitely a cheap shot."

"I'll take what I can get," Scott says shrugging.