Party Time

Hermione woke to the sound of tapping at the window. She looked at the clock by her bed. It read;

5:30am December 31st.

She pushed herself out of bed and opened her window. She recognised the owl who flew in an doerched itself on her desk chair. She took the letter of it's leg.

'Dear 'Mione,

I'm having a small party to celebrate the new year. I'll come pick you up tonight at 7.

-DM'

She smiled at the letter, it'd been a week since she'd last seen him. After they kissed she had left with Rose who by then was whining she was cold and needed hot chocolate.

Hermione quickly grabbed parchment and a quill and replied,

'Sounds great, I do really need to get out.

-HG'

As she let the owl out the window another one flew in to take it's place.

'Why do so many people find it necessary to send mail so damn early' Hermione thought to herself.

She took the letter of the owl.

'Hi 'Mione,

When you were talking about muggle traditions the other week George really took a liking to the on New years. You know the one at midnight with fireworks. He's been working on new stuff for the Joke shop. He wants to open the new fireworks section tonight at midnight, you're invited if you wanna come. He's also putting on a display earlier on about 7 I think for the kids.

-Ginny'

The brunette looked down at the letter before starting to reply,

'Hi Gin,

I've already been invited out tonight, but I'm sure Rose would love to go. Is there any chance you guys could pick her up? I have to leave mine at 7pm

-Hermione'

She let the owl out the window with her reply and crawled back into her warm bed.

'6 is much to early to be awake,' she told herself as she drifted back into a deep sleep.

----------------------------------

The blonde paced his room, half dreading the reply coming. He knew she'd say no. The kiss meant nothing to her. His love for her meant nothing to her. HE meant nothing to her.

His owl tapping on the window brought him out of his trance. He was woken up from his thoughts.

He untied the letter.

'Sounds great, I do really need to get out.

-HG'

He felt dancing for joy. He never expected the reply to come so quickly or so positively. 

As the day wore on he got more replies to invites, Parkinson, Knott, Goyle, he even decided to get over himself and invited Zabini but not with Greengrass, well not Astoria but he did invite Daphne. He'd invited Weaselette, they'd never got on in school but he felt the need to thank her for pushing him toward 'Mione.

Ginny had replied saying she couldn't stay long as she was 5 months pregnant but would come say hi at some point. 

The invitations to the most guests had said 6 but he told Hermione later. He didn't really know why but he just didn't want her arriving the same time as the others. He planned to tell everyone before he left to get Hermione that he was popping out for a minute. He'd managed to get the address off Ginny.