Lost friends-Chapter 25

-Dick's POV-

Watchtower

I Zeta'd into the Watchtower at the same time as Batgirl, Zatanna, Superboy, and Miss Martin. Artemis, Kid Flash, and Aqualad were already there.

"Any news?" Superboy questioned as we walked over to where the others were watching the remaining pairs fight and attempt to take down their MFDs.

"None. I'm getting worried." I admitted.

"What's going on?" Aqualad asked.

"Lexi is missing." I told him, running a hand through my hair nervously.

"Did you try her-"

"Communicator? Yeah, nothing but static. And she isn't wearing her suit, because I'm getting a stationary reading on it's location, and that's here in the Watchtower, where she changed. She most likely left it here."

"Does her utility belt have a tracer?" Artemis asked.

"Yeah, it should. Batman installed one on mine on my first day." Batgirl supplied.

"No... it doesn't. I've tried everything."

Suddenly, a call came through on the Super Computer, interrupting the live news video streaming.

"Batcave to Watchtower. I repeat, Batcave to Watchtower!" the voice said, greatly muffled by static.

"Is anyone at the Batcave?" Captain Atom asked Batgirl and I. We looked at each other and shook our head no.

"Batcave to Watchtower! Ugh! come on! Batcave to... to anyone!" The voice shouted again, a little clearer this time.

"Answer that!" I shouted suddenly. Captain Atom did as I said and Lexi's face appeared on the screen.

"Oh praise sweet baby Jesus. What the heck is going on?" She shouted. She looked frazzled and dusty, and had a trickle of blood going down her forehead.

"Just get to the Watchtower, okay? We'll explain then."  I told her.

"I can't! I need you to give me clearance, remember?"

"Oh, right. Aqualad, punch in the code and let her through." He nodded, and did just that.

"Okay you should be good. Hurry up, okay? Come right now."

"Sir yes sir." She gave a small salute and her image disappeared.I couldn't help but grin.

A few moments later, she Zeta'd in and ran towards us. Her outfit of jean shorts, a crew neck sweatshirt, and running shoes was torn in random places and dirty. As she got closer, I could see that the blood on her face was more than I thought.

"Alright what was that... those things that attacked me in the Gotham City Park?" she said.

"Later. You need medical attention. Sit." I ordered, pointing to a chair. She sighed, but complied, and Batgirl came over with the first aid kit.

Upon examining the cut, she dictated, "It's deep, but doesn't need stitches. I'll clean it up and put a bandage on it for now. That should do the trick." She began wiping to wound down with water, then peroxide, Lexi only wincing once or twice. Then Batgirl put the bandage on it. "All done."

"Alright, now what's going on?" Lexi prompted.

"It's Black Beetle's Magnetic Field Disrupters(MFDs). The Reach seated them at multiple locations around the Earth. They're causing a deterioration of the planet's magnetic field, which in turn is causing these no so natural disasters. Each is defended by Beetle Tech drones, programmed to run interference until the MFD can build up enough juice to go chrysalis, and end the world." Green Arrow told her. "Lex Luthor has provided an anti-Reach virus software and right now, we have teams spread out trying to use the virus to disable the MFDs."